Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

Question about Sarge?

I haven't played doom 3, and won't be able to until it comes to Ecuador (About 3 more months), but I have a question:

Does Sarge have anything to do with Quake 3's Sarge?

And, can a picture of him be posted?

Thanks people

No hes not the same sarge, although he might have some relitives...

hmm Doom 3 bosses in quake 3, that might be a little intresting.

From what I've heard, he turns out to be part of the evil plan (whatever this is) and that he becomes a boss... That kills the idea of him being the same "hero" of Q3.

BTW, I remember that Quake had some things to do portals and interdimensional travel. Does this connect with Doom at any given point. And those Stroggs from Quake 2, any connection with the half metal-half flesh critters from doom?

Any theory is accepted...

No...

And iirc, someone from id once said that Doom and Quake take place in two separate dimensions, or some crap like that. There's no connection between the two games, cybernetic enemies just seem to be id's style.

The armour some of the characters in Doom 3 wear looks one heck of a lot like the Quake 2 armour...

Yeah. My first thought when I saw him was "Bruce Willis", my second was "Doomguy from the end of Episode 4"

It's not the same Sarge from Quake 3 at all. Sergeant is a pretty common rank you know.

Excerpt from the Quake 3 Arena manual:
Untold centuries ago the Vadrigar, the mysterious Arena Masters, constructed the Arena Eternal for their own infernal amusement. Virtually nothing is known of these beings except that they savor the carnage and clamor of battle. As such, they have stocked the arena with the greatest warriors of all time. And you have just joined their ranks.

This story made it easy for id to put characters from most of their previous games in the game. You find the Quake guy, the Quake 2 guy and even the Doom guy. Team Arena even had Fritzkrieg, a homage to Wolfenstein 3D.

As for the topic: Sargeant (Kelly) is just a military rank. He has nothing to do with Q3A´s sarge.

D3 Sarge looks like the Grunt dude in Quake 2 and Q3A. Oh yes and he's the Macworld marine too (without helmet).

Deathmatcher said:

This story made it easy for id to put characters from most of their previous games in the game. You find the Quake guy, the Quake 2 guy and even the Doom guy.

The Quake 1 dude is in D3? Where? Screenshot please?

Btw, Cambell looks kinda like Q3A Sarge, 'cept he "has eyes" and no scars or a cigar.

And no/very little hair.

I thought Ranger was the Quake 1 guy. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

dsm said:

D3 Sarge looks like the Grunt dude in Quake 2 and Q3A. Oh yes and he's the Macworld marine too (without helmet).

The Quake 1 dude is in D3? Where? Screenshot please?

He's talking about Q3, not D3 :).

AirRaid said:

I thought Ranger was the Quake 1 guy. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

You're quite right, Wrack certainly ain't ;-)

He's talking about Q3, not D3 :).

Dammit! I went over his post too quickly :-(