Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caco-Puff

Far Cry The Movie

Relica Religia said:

Oh damn it, why can't they stop casting him?

cause ppl pay money to see movies he's in... apparently they HAVE locked up all the sane ppl and let the crazies into movie theaters :D

EDIT: well whadda know, now i dont mean to call him a BAD actor but for gods sake he's not the only one lol

# Far Cry (2006) (announced) .... Jack Carver
# Johnny Bravo (2005) (announced) .... Johnny Bravo
# Spy Hunter (2005) (announced) .... Alec Sects
# Instant Karma (2005) (pre-production)
# Be Cool (2005) (post-production) .... Elliot Wilhelm

Heh, The Rock will probably be the best thing in that movie.

Dude what is everyone's problem with the Rock. He's seriously the next Arnold only he can actually act worth a damn.

Anyway, who would possibly be better for the role of the lead in the Far Cry movie? I can't really think of anyone better to spout off retarded and badly written catch phrases (which this movie will no doubt have if it wants to stay true to the game, and also Uwe Boll is a complete moron). Plus he's quite good at the action stuff (check out the Rundown for examples, great fight scenes in that movie).

If anything you should be sad that it's directed by Uwe Boll and realize it's going to be ruined before the Rock ever says a single line or even before he shoots a single scene.

Danarchy said:

WTF, Johnny Bravo? Hahaha...

My thoughts exactly....

And the Rock is a FINE actor. I liked him in 'The Rundown'

i first heard about a johnny bravo movie like 2 years ago, and it was starring the rock back then too.

Ichor said:

I would much rather see a Blood movie.

My thoughts exactly.
"Wow...this promises to be fun."

There was something about the rock playing duke nukem in the supposed duke nukem movie. I doubt that idea for a movie will see the light of day anytime soon. Run a search on google or something and see what i mean. edit: Or here for additional proof

Otherwise i still need to see recent movies with the rock in it (other than mummy returns), but i imagine that years of acting for wrestling has probably given him some practise.

BlueSonnet said:

i imagine that years of acting for wrestling has probably given him practise.

Yeah! Just look at how great "Rowdy" Roddy Piper turned out!! OH WAIT

Other than adlibing some some classic lines in They Live he's done garbage.

Then there was Randy Savage in Spiderman... heh :D

The rock is a good actor... considering the type of movies he's been working on.

For Far cry, he'd do a nice job.

BTW, any news on the cast for the Doom movie?
I'd like to see Bruce Willis as the marine, and Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Betruger.

Alboroto said:

I'd like to see Bruce Willis as the marine, and Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Betruger.

I think Bruce Willis would fit Sarge a lot better.

Submerge said:

My thoughts exactly....

And the Rock is a FINE actor. I liked him in 'The Rundown'

Yea, that movie was just a plug for anti gun fanatics with lines like "Guns are bad" "When i have a gun i do bad things" "Bad things happen when you have guns" and other lam ass phrases like that, the movie had em every 10 minutes.

Alboroto said:

Well then Bruce Willis as Sarge and Anna Nicole Smith as the Mancubus...

Uh...she lost all that weight and she looks hot again

Danarchy said:

No she doesn't. She still looks like an ugly cow.

A cow that I would prod

I still can't get my copy to install. It came in perfect condition with my video card and for some reason, it can't read the very last file which puts something in english...I don't know what, I think it's the cinematics. But I still can't install it :'(

Also, QUIT CASTING THE ROCK! HE'S A SUCKY ACTOR AND SHOULD STICK TO WRESTLING! Besides, he doesn't look anything like the main character in FarCry.

S1lent said:

Besides, he doesn't look anything like the main character in FarCry.

What is this overwhelming compulsion to have actors not only look the part but be clones of the original source material actor/drawing/3d render... i wanted to really like The Punisher movie, no i've never read the comic but the guy fit the part for me its just too bad they didn't give him enough material to work with.

How about Wolverine? What if they got a 5ft tall monkey boy with a hump back and put him in yellow spandex... i wouldn't have watched the movie even tho that's exactly what i watched on Fox Saturday mornings. I understand in a Far Cry movie he is a normal human but my point being, fit the part and bring the character alive thru the acting.

“On Her Majesty's Secret Service” they hired a magazine model cause he LOOKED the part and everyone hated him, tho i think he tried his best and brought something good to the character...

P.S. Brosnan 4ever!

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of my favorite bond movies, probably because it is so odd compared to the rest.

Anyway, if I think any game needed a movie, I'd say it would be Fallout. The game had an excellent storyline, great characters, and a very immersive setting. I think under the right direction, it coudl be a very good post-apocalyptic sci-fi drama. Of course, under the wrong hands, it could be a horrible vapid action flic. There were so many things in the game that were so perfect though, and it would be great if they got some of the original voice actors as actors in the movie (Richard Moll as the Brotherhood of Steel guard!). The soundtrack would either have to be the original or have Mark Morgan do a new once, because it was so fitting and perfect.

Yeah anyway, there I go ranting again.