Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ayu

when the hell is ID gonna make an update

I'm so FREAKING annoyed of the game crashing a level in the game! I'm surprised the reviews didn't say "BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS AND DID WE MENTION, BUGS?"

I had early freezes, but changed a couple video settings in windows and then played the entire game without a single bug.

Sounds like it's your system, not the game.

The only bugs I know of is the multiplayer menu screwiness, and the slight annoyance of how, if you go to the PDA, while holding the flashlight, it forgets what weapon you had used last, so if you push the flashlight key, it wont switch. If you forget it dos that, you might run into battle, want to switch to a gun, and get nothing.

Two bugs,

one time the game didnt show the flashlight light, but i had the flashlight on hand. I think was messing with PDA, quickload, and key "l".

Also, when i play online, the config change my game into spanish (i need to change the cfg file and change english into spanish. I dont know if happens with other localiced DooM.

Also when you use the health stations, and you have 99% health, and use it, you only gain 1 health point, but it removes 10 from the console, that could do with fixing (and remember that some 'used' ones have numbers like 64% in them, implying that someone who has passed that way beofre has managed to use less than 10. Maybe it should go up by 10 every time you click, until you are over 90%, then it just uses how much it needs and leaves the rest

Combustable said:

The only bugs I know of is the multiplayer menu screwiness, and the slight annoyance of how, if you go to the PDA, while holding the flashlight, it forgets what weapon you had used last, so if you push the flashlight key, it wont switch. If you forget it dos that, you might run into battle, want to switch to a gun, and get nothing.

Yeah, I´ve been wondering about that, already. I thought I had accidently switched to the flashlight as a main weapon. Good to know it wasn´t me.

deathbringer said:

Also when you use the health stations, and you have 99% health, and use it, you only gain 1 health point, but it removes 10 from the console

I figured that was intentional, so you had to think “wait a minute, do i really want to blow 10 possible heath points just to round off my health of 97?” cause i've done that and come back with 37 health cursing myself. Other times i playd smart and that extra 10 was a life saver.

anyway the only bugs i've found/know of are that the demo support is basically held together by popsicles and white glue and the multiplayer menu wont connect.

Tell us Ayu, what bugs are you finding? What hardware are you running it on? Do you have XP or Win2000? Drivers up to date? Scanned your system with anti virus/spy ware programs? Overclocking anything? Tweaked your config but didnt fallow the instructions to the letter? Did you buy the game or download.. oops thats entrapment... well thats all i can think of, as far as i know ID's next patch is only to take out some multi player exploits so we're your best shot at help for quite awhile.

Now do you wanna work with us or no?

Just before i went to Hell, while going through the 4 teleporters, i unlocked a room, the panel clearly said "Unlocked", inside i could see all kinds of ammo and armor, but i couldnt ever open that door. The windows werent breakable either. Thats the only flaw ive had so far. Not that im even sure it is one, but since i saw all that ammo in there i assume theres a way in.

If your having issues with bugs and want help, then please post your hardware profile, along with a dxdiag.

DMFDxUconn said:

Just before i went to Hell, while going through the 4 teleporters, i unlocked a room, the panel clearly said "Unlocked", inside i could see all kinds of ammo and armor, but i couldnt ever open that door. The windows werent breakable either. Thats the only flaw ive had so far. Not that im even sure it is one, but since i saw all that ammo in there i assume theres a way in.

Are you sure that wasn't one of the rooms you can teleport into? I know there are a couple of rooms with teleporter destinations that you can select, and they contain a bunch of ammo.

Ayu said:

I'm so FREAKING annoyed of the game crashing a level in the game! I'm surprised the reviews didn't say "BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS AND DID WE MENTION, BUGS?"

1. Did you ever stop to consider that your computer is too low-end to handle Doom 3? Or maybe it was a technical problem in your computer or something that is causing your computer to crash the game? 90% of most crashes in games are more related to computer problems than the game itself. The only time a game has ever really crashed for me was a game in it's beta form (CS: Source), and even then, it was in testing so it was to be expected.

2. The game is less than a month old...why would they have an update already?

Ayu said:

I had zero problems throughout the entire game.

PS -- I'm sure a point release will be coming within the next month or so.

Ayu said:

mabey u just have a shite computer

Rusk said:
Are you sure that wasn't one of the rooms you can teleport into? I know there are a couple of rooms with teleporter destinations that you can select, and they contain a bunch of ammo.

That IS the security room you can teleport to. But, the outside touchpad shows the door as 'unlocked', but it isn't. Bit confusing.

One thing that did happen is that my chaingun refused to reload once while still having enough ammo. Firing a quick round and then reloading solved that. Another time I lagged while starting to fire the plasmagun, but when I unlagged (is that even a word? heh) the gun would not stop firing o_O

It ain't my system, the game runs fine all the way to the second level and it crashes, it just blacks out and crashes, it ain't a graphic bug, it ain't my system, it just crashes.

Ayu said:

It ain't my system, the game runs fine all the way to the second level and it crashes, it just blacks out and crashes, it ain't a graphic bug, it ain't my system, it just crashes.

Well i talked it over with my friend Mr. Logic and he says the game has worked FINE and dandy for most owners. Everyone has the same game versions installed from their cd cause they were all copied from the Gold disk and thats what we call a “constant” next he says we need to find something called a “variable“ like everyone else's computers and yours... because thos ARE all different and even tho it works for EVERYONE else it dost for you... now do you wanna tell me it's absolutely positively NOT your system and that the GAME you have is totally bug ridden and at fault?

Maybe the CD is cracked and the pk4 files are corrupt, maybe your hard drive has a corrupt sector.. maybe try it on another comp if you can... MAYBE contact Activision or ID with your probs and give them a little more info then 'uh your game has BUGS BUGS BUGS and crashes... P.S. Its not my system!'

anyway, until we know more all i can say is update everything, OS, Direct X, vid card drivers, sound drivers, scan disk.. etc etc...

gatewatcher said:

Uh, to fix known bugs.

Not when it's less than a month old :P Seldomly do companies do that. They wait a while to get a compilation of the most problems and then fix it. And BTW, that was a ratorical question....(That means you're not suppose to really answer it).

Not when it's less than a month old :P Seldomly do companies do that. They wait a while to get a compilation of the most problems and then fix it. And BTW, that was a ratorical question....(That means you're not suppose to really answer it).

If it was a rhetorical question, then I wouldn't have answered it, but I fail to see what's rhetorical about it. Anything else, Aristotle?

I think if there's a necessary update to made, they'll release it when they've fixed the problem, however old the game itself is. And that's pretty much all I was saying.

Ayu said:

How do you know it's none of these?

1. Updates and fixes take time
2. Not everyone bought the game on the first week like us. They have to wait for more people to buy it and collect the problems otherwise we're going to be getting and update every day.

They'll probably have one by the end of this month or close to the beginning of the next.

gatewatcher said:

How do you know it's none of these?

Well, 256 Mb radeon 9800 pro updated, direct X 9.0 C 1gb ram, 3.2 ghZ, broad band, pentium 4. {. someone said: Not everyone bought the game on the first week like us. They have to wait for more people to buy it and collect the problems otherwise we're going to be getting and update every day.} I had it the first day, I just didn't install till a couple days ago cause I was busy.

Ayu said:

I had it the first day, I just didn't install till a couple days ago cause I was busy.

Well thats totally beside the point, what if they released a patch the day before you installed it and it still doesn't fix your prob? Thay cant fix it till they know about it and for that sometimes ppl have to complain to them

look, we both bought the same damn game and i have...

Intel P4c 3.00GHz w/ HT - 800Bus
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (w/ SoundMAX)
1GB Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3200
ATI Hercules 9800 Pro 128mb (Cat 4.8)
XP Pro w/ SP1, DirectX 9.0c

game runs FINE for me, hasn't crashed or glitched at all for me

be as detailed as you can for them
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Problems with ATi Catalyst 3.8 /3.9 drivers in CoD

Rusk said:

Thats highly possible, i never noticed or not.. there was a point where i got freakin lost.. i went through those teleporters 3 or 4 times before i smacked myself for being a dipshit.

S1lent said:

1. Updates and fixes take time
2. Not everyone bought the game on the first week like us. They have to wait for more people to buy it and collect the problems otherwise we're going to be getting and update every day.

They'll probably have one by the end of this month or close to the beginning of the next.

I'm not sure how id does it, but most game companies give their employess, that were involved with the production of the game) time off after the game goes gold. Patches are then often delt with by new programmers, and some who haven't been assigned to a new project yet.

Blizzard released a Patch for Diablo2 before the game was out.

Things like the totally fucked up multiplayer server browser shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. They can't tell me that they didn't know that it's so severely broken.