Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ubersoldat

double barrel shotgun!

Coming Soon!!!

Right now I finished modeling the gun. Here are some renders for you to stare at. ;) I am currently texturing it. Please look forward to seeing the textured version. :D

This gun is for the mod "Hell on Earth", the official mod prequel to the soon to come sequel to Doom 3. Please to let you all know, this mod is not related to the recently announced Hell on Earth mod. This mod has been in production since december of last year.

For more information on the mod, please visit this link

http://mods.moddb.com/3636/?view=all

It looks amazing! Just needs a texture and the hand animations and it'll be complete! Good luck with the mod.

Joe

looks pretty good, I'd make it 2 inches shorter if it were me, but still looks good.

Well what do you know.. It is possible for someone to make a Super Shotgun model instead of bugging everyone else to make one.

Looks pretty decent, although I think the barrels are a little bit too long.

ubersoldat said:

This gun is for the mod "Hell on Earth", the official mod prequel to the soon to come sequel to Doom 3.

I don't think there will be a sequel to doom 3, at least not by id people. And as far as "official", that's a relatively loose term to just throw around.

I will say the model looks pretty good tho, so keep up the good work.

destx said:

I think the butt looks stupid.

The butt won't be shown since it's the first person model.

The thing is, this is for the mod Hell on Earth and there are many ranges of weapons to use. I will be making a modern version, but for now, I will be remaking the original weaponry from doom, like what everyone wants. Does anyone here having any tutorials to get the model to run on Doom 3?

A655321 said:

The butt won't be shown since it's the first person model.

Ah, good point. The other end does look nice.

Hmm, are you guys planing on bringing back the orgional weapons? Like the orgional plasma rifle? Or are you just going to use the current ones. Cause an 18 year old kid finding a plasma rifle dont sound to fit the story very well. Maby you could make all the weapons like stuff you'd ACTUALLY find on earth.

Mortictian said:

Hmm, are you guys planing on bringing back the orgional weapons? Like the orgional plasma rifle? Or are you just going to use the current ones. Cause an 18 year old kid finding a plasma rifle dont sound to fit the story very well. Maby you could make all the weapons like stuff you'd ACTUALLY find on earth.

It's the future, and all the weapons in the game (except the Soulcube) were created by humans. Why wouldn't they be found on Earth?

Maybe the plasma could be replaced by a rail gun. Those exist. I used to work in a research lab working on rail guns. They're too big right now, but in 10 years they will be mounted on top of Hum-Vees in the field.

What I might do with the Plasma gun is have it on the game, except not useable. No ammo in site, and too heavy. LOL, but in the multiplayer you get to use the Plasma gun. I am in deed remaking all of the weaponry thats fits with the story.

I hope you guys put a railgun in, I thought i was the 1st person on earth to even conceive on one when i was 5 years old. I really wana build a working one some day, too mad you need like 20 car batterys and alot of machined copper, its just a microscopic Ultra high powered monorail lol.

But yea thats a great idea, i dont think the plasma rifle is that nessary beacuse it dont do anything the chaingun or the machine gone doesnt, If i could help you guys out with something let me know, or we could give you place on our temporay forums to keep updates flowing, just PM me if your interested.

Mortictian said:

I really wana build a working one some day, too mad you need like 20 car batterys and alot of machined copper, its just a microscopic Ultra high powered monorail lol.

Sort of. A monorail has tires that contact the rail. A rail gun is powered completely by electromagnetic forces, and the projectile doesn't touch anything inside the gun.

You would've enjoyed watching the rail guns we worked with in our lab. One time someone left a wrench in the end of the barrel, the projectile obliterated that wrench with barely a change in trajectory. Didn't even phase the projectile.

It ran on just a bit more than 20 car batteries. :)

In fact, the power requirements are really the only thing keeping the rail gun from practical use with a Hum-Vee sized platform. Takes a lot of juice.

Can you get me some information on this rail gun. Its really interesting. I might replace the plasma gun with it. Although my dad knows that NASA and the Army is working on plasma rifles.

ubersoldat said:

Can you get me some information on this rail gun. Its really interesting. I might replace the plasma gun with it. Although my dad knows that NASA and the Army is working on plasma rifles.

Well, the rail guns they had at our lab were all huge. They take up a room. There would be no way a person could carry it, so it kind of defeats the purpose for making it in the game. I would just model it off the Quake 2/3 railgun.

Like I said, it's all still in developement. But their goal is to be able to have the gun and the power supply fit onto a Hum-Vee in 10 years.

It's a Army funded lab at the University of Texas in Austin. They have a website you could probaby link to through UT's main website.

There is also a Navy funded lab there doing crazy work on sonar. I never knew much of what they did, but I always heard it was amazing.

Meh don't replace the plasma rifle with the railgun. It's a completely different weapon.

Also, a request, can you put together a vid of the shotgun animation from the side, As you would see it ingame? (please don't tell me you plan on having centered guns :P)

hehe, don't worry, it will be on the side, I was just showing how accuratlythe animation is compared to the original animation. :D

Ok, well my friend Raptor just finshed his weapon mod(he got banned) and its got a railgun. replaces the plasma rifle, the only words for it is Woah....... new sounds too.