Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
casca2063

New to the group AND stupid question [spoiler]

Hello all:

I'm sorry and I feel stupid for having to ask but how do you kill the big Monster surrunded by flying lights at what I guess is the end in hell? Twice now I have used everything I have and it just keeps comming.

His name is "Guardian."

When you first start fighting him, shoot at the plasma-like ball over his body. Once the ball disappears, shoot the 3 lights (a.k.a. Seekers) until they are all "dead." Once they are gone, the ball will reappear. When this happens, once again, shoot at the ball. Repeat this process until he is dead.

You should listen to your soul cube. It tells you how to kill him anyways. "Destroy the seekers, and the guardian becomes vulnerable."

I would recommend the chaingun for the ball and your machinegun or shotgun (depending how close you are) for the seekers. The rockets can be difficult because the guardian moves a lot and if you keep your distance (like you should), sometimes the rockets will tend to miss a lot. The plasma gun doesn't do a lot of damage (or at least it doesn't seeem like it) and once again, the pulses tend to miss.

Edit: So people will quit whining.

why save your BFG shots?

When you leave Hell you lose all your weapons just like you did when you entered Hell.

There is nothing to save them for.

Hmm now i heard you loose all weapons going to hell but didn't know its the same for your return. I find that i always save save save ammo for the big guns to the point in games where i loose them all or beat the game having never fired a shot from the big bad ass weapon, as if im saving it for the grand challenge that never comes.

Which is not to say im that good of a good player. now i have been better at using the right weapon for the task as of late, after the 1st few levels of Far Cry and so far in Doom3 where you must take every advantage you can and ammo is plentiful even on veteran.

P.S. welcome to the jungle :)

Yeah you do lose your weapons again when you become the bat out of hell so use your BFG9000 to take the seekers when they are bunched together.

Fine, Fine, don't do it. Whatever, I make it a habit to save my ammo for when I need it. Geez, I took it out of the post. there.