Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Suck on this, closed-minded parents!

Article said:

Video games are too violent for kids.[/b]

Do you know why? Video games that have lots of blood, gore, killing and other mature themes aren’t made for kids. The gaming industry has done an exceptional job of establishing content ratings with age appropriate guidelines for virtually all games that are released. The Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) goes to great lengths to spell out the details of game content (much better than, say, the movie industry does). The fact is, if you allow your six-year-old to play M-rated games like TrueCrime: Streets of LA or Silent Hill, you’ve only yourself to blame when the nightmares and bedwetting starts. Content ratings are beautiful things—read them!

YES YES!!! EVERYBODY READ THIS!

*Claps hands together repeatedly in a semi rhythmic fashion*

a well thought out and written article on an all too problematic subject. Sadly i fear only we who know and already appreciates the finer points she makes will read what she has to say.

My mom is not a gamer but she likes tech and encourages me to work on my computer and discuses where technology is going as well as how it can be implemented into the classroom to further high school and collage education.

It's true that we learn better by doing then reading from a textbook, the future looks bright indeed for interactive learning AND leisure.

Ah, reminds me of the good old times when me and mum played Doom, Wolfenstein, Sonic etc. Too bad she's got a job now. She kicked some ass in her time.

Great article.

Heh, my dad loved watching me play Wolf3d in ages gone by. Only cuz he was crap at it, mind. He still hasn't gotten beyond E1M2.

Heh.. I tried to play Doom with my old man a couple months ago.. It didn't go very well. He took 10 minutes on E1M1..

My dad used to play a mean game of Contra on the nes. He also was pretty good at Street Fighter 2 (used M. Bison a lot). O_o

My father used to be quite good at the old NES games. Then he stopped for some reason

Heh, my mom and dad introduced me to Wolfenstein, Doom, and Liesure Suit Larry.

My dad is rather ecclectic and has quite some fun playing.
He buys and plays any big FPS (unreals, quakes, serious sams...).
As well as strategy games like War3.

quality time (n.) - The countless hours spent every few nights of parents playing games of Battlefield 1942 with their children.

Disorder said:

I want a mom like that.

I had a mom like that. She was the best.

Heh, what can I say, I live in a family like that. Fuck, my mom introduced me to Marilyn Manson, she wanted his Mechanical Animals cd so I bought it when I was out of town one time, back when I was in 7th grade. Then I got a Rob Zombie cd and things continued to develop from there.

Article said:
Video games are too violent for kids.

Do you know why? Video games that have lots of blood, gore, killing and other mature themes aren’t made for kids. The gaming industry has done an exceptional job of establishing content ratings with age appropriate guidelines for virtually all games that are released. The Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) goes to great lengths to spell out the details of game content (much better than, say, the movie industry does). The fact is, if you allow your six-year-old to play M-rated games like TrueCrime: Streets of LA or Silent Hill, you’ve only yourself to blame when the nightmares and bedwetting starts. Content ratings are beautiful things—read them!

FUCK YEAH! She really know what she's talking about. Blaming shit like that on games should be fucking illegal. Suck it down, close-minded parents.

I want a woman like that so I can fuck her until she becomes a mom like that.

Oh yeah, and my mom turned me onto Nirvana, and Tool among other things and said Marilyn Manson was the best concert she ever saw live.

Danarchy said:

Heh, my mom and dad introduced me to Liesure Suit Larry.

WTF? You Too? Damn our parents are sick ;P

Heh yeah. "Mommy, whats a pimp?" "Mommy, whats a whore?" "Mommy, whats a rubber?". And she obligingly told me. :P

Danarchy said:

Heh, my mom and dad introduced me to Wolfenstein, Doom, and Liesure Suit Larry.

WOah, Liesure Suit Larry how old were you when they showed you that LOL!!!! isnt that an Adult ONLY game?

Well i guess its not bad considering the school i went to gave Sexual ed in the 3rd fucking grade! Then they wonder why a bunch of kids got pregnant like 2 years later.

I dunno wtf it is about me, but I knew how reproduction worked when I was 4 and I first told someone to "fuck off" when I was 5. So when I was watching my mom play Liesure Suit Larry at the age of 8, I guess it wasn't much of a leap.

That's ok, Raven dropped a glass of juice the other day and exclaimed, 'Oh bollocks!'. If she's angry - usually cuz she's been denied something -, she tells us to fuck off. Great stuff coming from a 3 year old :/