Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bantha poodoo

problem with CD/DVD emulation?

Hi folks,

My apologies to everyone up front as I'm not very computer savvy. <understatement> I've tried looking for someone with same problem but so far haven't found anything.

I installed the game fine but when I try to play it says I have CD/DVD emulation enabled and must disable it to play. I have no idea what that means or what I'm supposed to do. Could anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance,

B

Are you using any programs that create "virtual" drives such as Dameon Tools (d-tools) or Alcohol 120%? If so, disable them before running the game.

thats id software's way of eliminating the creation of doom3 backup cds even tho its your computer, your software, and your doom3 which u paid good money for. you should have every right to use clonecd on your machine and you should have the right to make legal backups should u misplace or dont want to scratch your originals.

Chances are it was Activision's decision to inhibit the use of CD images and id probably had nothing to do with it.

well whoever is responsible is clearly looking out for their best interests rather than their paying customers. do they really want to give ppl a reason not to buy their product? we pay good money for this game then we are forced to remove certain software which they dont want us using? wtf gives them the right? :(

so if i install clone CD on my system doom III will not work?
WTF is that, basicly that would mean doom III has spyware!! which is BS, pure and simple. gonna install clone CD to see if it really does that

This is fucking ridiculous. Companies should get rid of all the copy protections, they are worthles anyway. It took Doom 3 what, a single day to show up cracked on the net? Wow, great protection! All it does is annoy the people who actually bought it.

I also have this problem, and have just carried out a search to locate a solution. And yes I have Clone CD installed.I will now un install it.Thanks, you clever people.

Amaster said:

Are you using any programs that create "virtual" drives such as Dameon Tools (d-tools) or Alcohol 120%? If so, disable them before running the game.

I have Alcohol 120% installed and have had no problems with D3, if anyone is looking for a virtual drive, that's the one I'd recommend.