Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonin

How to modify light properties?

How do I set brightness on a light. I dont see anything in the inspector for brightness. Probably something simple I'm missing again.

Thanks for any help.

While the light is selected, press the J key (or is it the S key. I always get them confused).

No, it doesnt do anything. Increase the size of the light entity to cover a larger area. You can also play with the overbrightness setting depending on what you're going for.

Have a light (or more than one)selected and press "J".

In the dialog box IGNORE THE BRIGHTNESS METER - no matter how high or low it is set, it wont make any difference in lighting, so it is basically there for....no reason!

You can set how the light appears on your floor, ceiling, and walls, the color of the light, and the RADIUS that it covers. Use the RADIUS thing to adjust how much of the room it lights up.

Also, placement of the height of the light changes the way it appears.

Good luck!

I'm still missing this thing for some reason.This is what I'm doing...

I right click on the map and choose to add a light. I then adjust the height of the light to whatever I want. Then, with the light still selected, I press the J key,but I dont see any dialog boxes or anything.The only thing I can see that seems to do anything with the light is if I click on the entity tab in the texture browser window. I can then see information about the light, and a place where i can type in keys and values. I seem to just be missing the dialog box after hitting the J key.

Can you guys see what I'm missing here? I'm using the editor within doom, not radiant.

Thanks for the help guys.

Guys I just figured it out.The problem was if your running the editor in full screen mode, It dont work. I just noticed an error in the inspector window when tried again.

Cannot run the light editor in fullscreen mode.
Set r_fullscreen to 0 and vid_restart.

I went back in the console and ran those 2 console commands and it put the editor in window mode.Then it worked.

Thanks for the help. I once again get the idiot of the day award for missing something simple.