Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Necromancer

Webpage hosting

OK, this is totally not Doom-related, but can any of you guys recommend a good place to publish my webpage? I'm looking to find a place that has up to 100MB space for free.

100mb free!? LOL! Well I am not sure about 100mb, but geocities is alright, even though most people here hate it.

if you're serving files you can use your home as an ftp, and just find someone to host your page. your website shouldn't be too big (mine's only 300k).

if you're serving files you can use your home as an ftp.

Yeah, if you can find the one or two high-speed services in existance that will allow that.

it's what you call competition. there's a lot of competition in my city for hi-speed. heck, my isp now has a $100 for 4 months unlimited access. i wonder if i can get in on that or if it's just for new subscribers...

anyways, you'll have better luck finding an isp that will allow an ftp than finding someone to host a 100 meg website. trust me. i tried looking for webspace for months until i finally started my ftp.

http://www.fortunecity.com/ Last time I checked (about a year ago) they gave 100 mb free. Don't flame me if they don't anymore, I'm too lazy to find out myself. I should also warn you they are extremely slow.

http://www.fortunecity.com/ Last time I checked (about a year ago) they gave 100 mb free.

Funny, I just came across a site the other day that had links to fortunecity stuff and they were offering 100MB free still. I wasn't even looking for hosts offering 100MB, it just popped right up a few hours after I read Elbryan's post :P

I guess hosting my entire site is out of the question now. My site is SLIGHTLY bigger than 100 megs now. ;)

god... is the site itself 100mb or do you keep mp3's or other files like that on it?

Personally I had about 5 webpages, I don't think any of them passed 5 mb, and I have a lot of useless pics of my artwork on it. I hope ling doesn't mind.

Hooray for shell accounts!

agreed.

Amen.

On the other hand, where do you get a shell account with >100 meg space?

arioch (despayre.org), tom (alkali.org), salazar(slipgate.org), mewse (doomers.org), anarkavre (bluenowhere.org, whenever his box actually goes up online) and Jon^D (alcopop.org) all have boxs with shells. however, salazar is probably the least strict on webspace and getting it. i think zarcyb is setting up a box (ultrafps.com) but i'm not 100% clear on that. i'm also dead sure that i missed at least one.

I'll be setting up one in a few months too, but I'm not sure how many people I'm gonna let on it.