Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sentinel

Old Aliens Mod

Hi i've been looking around for an old doom tc with an aliens theme that isn't aliens tc. It had a grey pulse rifle and i think had a much better feel to it then aliens tc. The lighting is very dark and flickery in most places. Anyway any help with this would be greatly appreciated. --mike

nope, it used those graphics though, but wasn't alien vs. predator was named aliens something, i just can't remember what exactly. The first level i vaguely remember having either few enemies or none at all, you start outside looks kinda blue like twilight, then you walk into the installation and its very quiet and you see some bullet holes in the wall and it plays a clip from the aliens movie "it looks like small arms fire" something like that, you go down into the installation a bit and eventually enter like the entrance to the hive and then you get on an elevator and the level ends, don't really remember too much else about it.

There are actually (at least) two mods called Aliens TC. The one Sentinel is after is the better known and higher quality one, created by Justin Fisher. The other one is of substantially lower quality, and IIRC predates Justin Fisher's mod by several months.

I donĀ“t know what the fuss is about Aliens TC. When I played it years back, the graphics replacements simply ceased partially in mid-game and the levels turned into some average doom maps with the original textures. Maybe I stumbled over a w.i.p. version or something?

Or you misapplied the patches, or you downloaded the wrong mod, or you played it after you had already played Half-Life and expected it to somehow be graphically better than HL...

nope found it. It's not the justin fisher one its called Aliens: The Second Nukage just got it running with legacy thanks for the help guys

Sentinel said:

nope found it. It's not the justin fisher one its called Aliens: The Second Nukage just got it running with legacy thanks for the help guys

Where did you download that from? The version in idgames seems to be corrupted (alntsn_a.zip and alntsn_b.zip). I tried both the Indiana and Sweden mirror, and I can't open either of the files.

There was a much more recent aliens mod that had some weapons from Alien trilogy, and a cool-looking alien, dunno what happened to that though, i assume it died just like all the other "definitive and modernised!" aliens wads