Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Doom Depot - Want Saturn Doom music?

If you want the additional tracks from Saturn Doom, they're on my site. They're edited level tracks from the PSX version. However, they're worth a listen. Nothing new though.

yup. the psx version, but with no colored lighting, less music, and major slowdown. not as much as 3do doom, but pretty close.

"Less" music than PSX doom? Doom: Custom Playstation Edition didn't have any music, to speak of, except the opening song and club doom. Am I wrong? The rest was just ambience.

ambience is music. heck, i even have some psx doom level tracks memorized. sick or what? ;)

i love both ambient music and normal music the same in doom. i change from one to the other all the time. i love zdoom... mp3 music wads.

Well, I made a Fallout 2 music wad. It has only ambient music. I didn't put all the music in there, but just what I consider best, that's eight replacements. I also made them to loop seamlessly.

I could upload it there if you want sometime? It's 5.72M, so I'll have to find some time to upload with my 56k modem...

heck, i even have some psx doom level tracks memorized. sick or what? ;)

Heh, me too.

That reminds me. I've been wondering what mp3's did you use for the levels that aren't in the PSX version? I'll tell you what I used for my version of the PSX music wad for E3 (using your music of course):

E3M2 - Slough of Despair: Hell Beneath
E3M8 - Dis: Command Center
E3M9 - Warrens: Phobos Lab

They seem to go well with the levels IMO.

hmm... can't remember. i think i threw in the final doom tracks for the levels that didn't have music of their own. i'll have to check when i get home.

i also had the track hell beneath on house of pain (which was a repeat anyways) so that it would come up on hell beneath (since the music for ep4 is set as repeats from the rest of the levels). plus it fit the level.

I have read that the 3DO tunes are.. how shall I say, 'Orhcestrated'. I don;t remember where I read that, but anyway, my point is, what are the odds of getting rips, or a sample of tunes from that version?

I don't think the chances are that good. I don't know many people with a 3DO, let alone have Doom. But you never know. I never thought I would be getting the Saturn Doom soundtrack until someone emailed me on Friday night! Here's hoping.

Hey I guess I must be a sick fuck also cuz I have memorised some of the themes from psx doom. But you've got admit they done a hell of a lot for the atmosphere of a level. Is there anyway of exporting these themes to original doom or doom2 because those midi themes as classic as they are just ain't shit compared to the themes for the psx.

Thanks a lot! That's the whole idea behind the site! Doom music and music wads. Enjoy the music wads & the mp3s!

I will thank you! Hey I was wondering if some of the psx wads were ever created for the PC. I always loved "the mansion that was one of the hidden levels and I noticed you had Redemtion Denied which was pretty cool. Who created the psx levels and are they availible? Does anyone know?

I've already asked. I'm afraid it just fell on deaf ears I'm afraid. Reasons (not my reasons):

-there a lot of PC purists. a lot probably scoff at Doom on the PSX, even though it's kick ass. they don't care about the exclusive levels, even though some of them (like my fave, Twilight Descends) surpass most of the PC levels I've ever played.

-people are selfish. with the exception of a few people around here, no one gives anything. they just take. they download, don't thank people for their efforts, etc.

-like me, a lot of people don't have the time to learn how to make levels.

-some people have never played the game, so they don't know what the hell we're talking about.

oh well, maybe someone will read this and contribute. sigh.

Hmm twilight desends I think I remember and if I do then that level was fucking dope. Hmm we can dream that only someday someone ports them over. Anyway once more congrats on the site it kicks ass.

BBG - I agree. But hey, might as well get a collection of music from all versions of Doom. All that's left is 3D0 Doom and Jaguar Doom. I don't think Jaguar Doom had music though.