Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KLittle123

Monster Pic Comparison

I got bored and I wanted to compare the old demons to the new ones so I built a site on geocitites in like 5 minutes just to compare the old Doom and the new Doom 3 monsters... sorry about the small pics i'll change it sometime.

http://www.geocities.com/doomguy321/doom

EDIT: Tell me if I missed any of them or I mis-named them or there are more

It's amazing how much you don't notice the differnce between the new and old Revenants until you put the two next to eachother. I liked the old Mancubus better though...I just don't like the flap.

the new cyberdemon picture is very blurry, but i assume that was intentional

Dron said:

the new cyberdemon picture is very blurry, but i assume that was intentional

yes partially. If you hadn't seen him yet I didn't want to give him away.

How about conparing the SM to vagary, and Baron to Guardian...That would be interesting to see. :)

SMM & Vagary I can see. But Baron and Guardian? What are you thinking?!

And the D3 Cacodemon looks like he's doing that anime smiling thing in that picture. ^.^ or -_-

Even the original Cacodemon looks like he's smiling. Cacodemons must be happy they can fly and nobody else can or something. Hell, if I were the only flying monster, I'd be smiling too... after I killed all the Lost Souls... not like they fly anyways, they more of "hover" using the rockets on their back.

S1lent said: "I liked the old Mancubus better though...I just don't like the flap."

I was hoping for it to be female too, wait a sec..why are you looking there. :D

DD_133 said:

How about conparing the SM to vagary, and Baron to Guardian...That would be interesting to see. :)

Sorry, but that would be lame as hell. The monsters do not have any similarities; especially comparing the Baron to the Guardian is only done by people who can not bear the fact that id omitted the Baron.

What about comparing the Baron to the tatooed Hell Knight?

Tatooed Hell Knight could actually be the Baron. It's been discussed before, but too many of the "know-it-alls" said that there is no way it could be the Baron, because it's too weak. Although, all the Doom 3 counter-parts seem to be weaker, but nooo, but Baron of Hell must be a badass warrior or it ain't the Baron.

I still think they should have traded Trites for Arachnatrons. Those things were bad-ass!

Verdale said:

Tatooed Hell Knight could actually be the Baron. It's been discussed before, but too many of the "know-it-alls" said that there is no way it could be the Baron, because it's too weak. Although, all the Doom 3 counter-parts seem to be weaker, but nooo, but Baron of Hell must be a badass warrior or it ain't the Baron.

I still think they should have traded Trites for Arachnatrons. Those things were bad-ass!

But then what would that make the tattood imps and zombies?

Deathmatcher said:

Sorry, but that would be lame as hell. The monsters do not have any similarities; especially comparing the Baron to the Guardian is only done by people who can not bear the fact that id omitted the Baron.

What about comparing the Baron to the tatooed Hell Knight?

Actually, the Guardian is a *tad* more similar to the Baron than the new tattooed Hell Knight (for god's sake, the Guardian LOOKS like a TRex mixed with a Baron).

- Guardian can produce fireballs, as does the Baron.

- Guardian and Baron have hooved, goat-like legs.

- Guardian and Baron have horned heads.

Prime said:

Actually, the Guardian is a *tad* more similar to the Baron than the new tattooed Hell Knight (for god's sake, the Guardian LOOKS like a TRex mixed with a Baron).

The baron is the same height, shape, size, presumably weight, baseball cap size, golf handicap AND got the same grades in school as the hell knight. The guardian is much bigger, looks completely different, attacks differently, has a symbiotic relationship with.. thingies, and apparently makes blue balls that turn red when you hit them... Just like Doom 2!... *cough*

Prime said:

I totally disagree. The guardian really looks a lot more like a jurassic creature and as for the horns: there are many creatures out there with horns that don´t look at all like a baron. The fireballs of the guardian more resemble that of the Molotaur (Heretic) in terms of fly radius and color, while the tatooed hell knight looks and behaves like a normal hell knight, only with different colors - just like the baron looks like a normal hell knight with different colors in the original Doom.

Anyway, we both know that id has not officially build in the baron and I, probably you and many other people are pissed off by that. Because the Baron was the original monster in Doom, while the Hell knight didn´t give it´s stand in until Doom2, plus he was even weaker. So id could have called the hell knight the baron and the people would have said "well, id sent the weak Hell Knight back to mommy, the Baron manages Doom 3 alone again!". But as it turned out the other way, now people have to look for their baron in Doom 3. Some call the Guardian the Baron and some the tatooed Hell Knight (which is the much more reasonable option, IMO, as I have already pointed out). What I would like to see, is that mod makers use the tatooed version of the hell knight to create a much stronger monster, maybe with updated sounds and behavior to bring back the baron easily, at least in the world of custom made maps. (They already did a classic Cyberdemon, by the way).

You're right - Height and weight make all the difference.

And I was talking about similarities; I didn't say they were fuckin twins.

In Doom 2, there Hell Knight and Baron were very much like twins. Maybe not identical, but definetly fraternal. One got the larger strength and albino genes.

^.^;

Verdale said:

Baron and Knight are two seperate titles denoting rank. Baron is much higher in rank than a knight. And in video game terms, higher rank = harder monster. That's how it is. Gotta learn to deal with it. Since the knights in Hell are no harder than the knights on Mars, they can't very well be Barons.

Why would a knight take orders from a baron if the baron isn't stronger than him? Monsters of hell and in video games don't work that way. The more powerful and more evil you are, the higher in rank you go. That's just how it is.

There is absolutely no monster in Doom 3 that has the exact same hit points as it´s original counterpart. So you don´t call the cacodemon cacodemon either, because it has less hitpoints than the original?? Determining monster´s names by means of their hitpoints is pretty stupid, IMO.