Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlexGalaxy

Sarge

Dumb Question. Sarge is the 3rd boss I believe. Is Sarge the guy from the beginning of the game that tells you to follow the sentry drone to the elevator to Mars City Underground? Just wanted to be sure.

I don't remember fighting sarge??? Wah??? Did I miss something....Maybe I did and forgot. can someone refresh my memory

KLittle123 said:

I don't remember fighting sarge??? Wah??? Did I miss something....Maybe I did and forgot. can someone refresh my memory

The tank thing with the BFG.

Deathmatcher said:

A pitty, that there isn´t a cutscene showing his transformation.

There wasn't a cutscene because it would have to feature Sgt. Kelly getting on a space ship, flying to Strogos (or whatever the Quake2 planet was called), getting fitted with all that Strog technology then coming back again.

Deathmatcher said:

A pitty, that there isn´t a cutscene showing his transformation.

That was good IMO, because it makes you wonder when it happened. Notice you never see anything other than Sarge's face after the invasion.

I'm not sure what I missed here...

But why is it that occasionally someone refers to Sarge's tank form as Sabaoth?

BBG said:

The tank thing with the BFG.

You mean the same fucking dumbassed thing you fought in Quake2. Sarge was very lame.

Enjay, hah right on.

Sure I like Doom3 alot, but all of the bosses to come out of id have sucked completely since Doom2.

Use3D said:

Sure I like Doom3 alot, but all of the bosses to come out of id have sucked completely since Doom2.

Cthon wasn't too bad.

Use3D said:

You don´t like Strogg Leader?

Saboath is the 'God of Host and Creation'. it is a special name for God the Father, of the Godhead.

Sabaoth is the tank/sgt. kelly hybrid in doom3. please spell it correctly (unless ID really did spell it Saboath).

Deathmatcher said:

You don´t like Strogg Leader?

Makron or whatever? No, he was a wuss.

If you listen close you can detect that Sarge's voice at some point before sending the communications signal or canceling, has some sort of mechanical quality added to it. While, Swan's voice sounds very human.

Rockn-Roll said:
If you listen close you can detect that Sarge's voice at some point before sending the communications signal or canceling, has some sort of mechanical quality added to it. While, Swan's voice sounds very human.

BTW, I sent the transmission on that part and beat the game that way. I never whent back to see what happens if you cancel the transmisson. So what changes if you choose to cancel the message?

Enjay said:

There wasn't a cutscene because it would have to feature Sgt. Kelly getting on a space ship, flying to Strogos (or whatever the Quake2 planet was called), getting fitted with all that Strog technology then coming back again.

haha nice one. totally fucking out of place that boss was. seriously, wtf genius made that design decision and then who approved it. ugh.

the design wasn't.. hellish enough if you ask me. More disgusting than anything else, which I suppose was the designers aim.

I think it would've been awesome if you just faced "Human" Sarge with Campbell's BFG - he's not a demon or a mutant or anything, just a fanatic who thinks Betruger's cause is an idealistic one. I dunno.

Cyb said:

haha nice one. totally fucking out of place that boss was. seriously, wtf genius made that design decision and then who approved it. ugh.

Maybe they mixed up the folders Doom3_boss and Quake4_boss.

I never got a good look at him. I was too busy unloading my BFG/Soulcube into his ass.

I did like Xaero, just his style in Quake3... if you can call him a boss.

You have to kill the Sarge?! Why?! Is it because of the key card caller thing you get from the one guy(i have not really played the game too much)?