Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

HEY I HAVE A GREAT MOD IDEA

Im sure looking forward to see original Doom remade.

The only problem I see is that you won't be able to have so many monster.. perhaps 1/10 of the original monsters ?

I would like to see a weapon mod:

An assault rifle. Kind of similar to the current M-16.

More powerful and larger than the Doom 3 machine gun, but not automatic.

A semi-automatic powerful rifle, but it also needs a single shot grenade launcher on it, like most M-16s.

The regular reload button would reload the rifle, and a new secondary reload button would reload the single-shot grenade launcher.

It could just replace the machine gun, and then it could use the existing clip and grenades as ammo, so the maps wouldn't need any editing.

Or it could be designed to look like the new German XM-8, the new prototype assault rifle the US military is going to get.

Here's a pic

I have no idea how to do mods though, so I can't do it.

just to clarify, the yellow part is the rifle, the black thing underneath the barrel is the grenade launcher.

My big idea, which I might try my hand at as soon as the SDK (i forget what the acronym stands for) or at least I get off my lazy ass and look at some of the editing stuff, considering other people dont seem to have much trouble crapping out mods every 3 minutes. But it's a multiplayer mod

The premise is, scary movie style action. The majority of the players are scientists. 1 player, or something, is the monster. All the others have to hide and try hard to avoid the monster. The monster stalks the dark hallways, and tries to slaughter the poor scientists. Victory for the monster would obviously be, mass slaughter of all the other team. The scientists would win if they could manage to kill the monster, which would be difficult, because the scientists have severely reduced speed, health, stamina, and such, because they're weak little scientists, and not marines. Weapons would be available, but probably fairly well hidden. I've seen mods in UT and such able to randomize some things, like weapon placement, so I think there should be countless hiding spots for anything the poor scientists could use to actually defend themselves with. Guns would be really well hidden, maybe little things like knives or wrenches, that would basically be suicide, would not be hidden well. Otherwise, the scientists could also try to run out the time limit. When the time limit is up, marine reinforcements arrive and easily blow the bastard away.

Thinking about it, weak monsters would be best, maybe the imp would be the best role to play, making them formidable to the unarmed scientists, but not like, a hell knight rempaging through the labs to easily smash them to bits.

For UT, there was a Thief mod, which incorporated very interesting stealth elements, which would be good for this. Not for the scientists, but the monster, able to do that nice impy trick of crawling on walls and such, and hide in the shadows until it's time to strike.

Summary: Scary monster movie. Monster tries to pick off the poor victims one by one.

Enjoy

Ideas for a Mod?

A Final Fight Mod. I mean, for sure we all love all those good old beat'em up...

Why not to make a real cool 3d beat'em up? :P But not like the horrible Fighting Force, i mean with 2d "playbility".

Ok, i still making SoRr... ;)

ah, Combustable, you mean like Alien 1 Movie.

Thats cool. :) Maybe adding some Resident Evil: Outbreak elements....

Someone should make a psychedelic mod. Powerups such as LSD, shrooms and K should be available at the beginning. After ingesting a drug, things start tripping. You'd get warped into an Alice like enviroment with hallucinations. Yeah I know, sounds bad, but could be done right.

Neither do I. Thats why I am browsing though various tutorial sites and doom3's pk4 files.

unpack all the pk4's, then go into def's and select the monster_boss_cyberdemon.def and try to find something, i kept looking but i dont see anything that helps.

Does anyone know where the function of the FinalBoss flag is defined? If Im not mistaken, that flag decides whether or not it's only killable by the soulcube (unless I'm wrong?) The soulcube def contained a flag called SpecialDamage but that only seems to affect pain states.

I want to see a mod for Doom 3 that tells an in-depth detective story set in the 1940's, and be in black and white for that film noir effect (yes, I'm obsessed with that style).

Just increase the speed of the projectiles so it's harder to dodge his missiles. Easy enough.

Open up the editor and press f7, then check the "Make the cybderdemon harder" checkbox, its in between "Gib enemies like ROTT" and "Make my map for me"

Someone already posted the idea at Planetdoom's forums, but a Jurassic Park mod would be sweet. Raptors chasing you through dark corridors and stuff.

'Objective: A Tyrannosaurus Rex lies asleep in an open field, walk past him silently and head to the blabla facility.'

Of course, the T-Rex wakes up and chases you, casting a big shadow in front of you. I'd love to see this.

A full reproduction of Hell Revealed map24.

Just to see how many CPUs it'd fry. :D

DooMBoy said:

Light Amp Goggles Mod

Pretty self explanatory I think, instead of the flashlight you have a pair of light amp goggles that runs on a battery cell or whatever and you just hit L to bring out the light amp goggles to illuminate your surroundings. Of course you can't use them all the time, or the battery will drain and you'll have to wait for it to recharge so you can use'em again. Let us say that you can only use the goggles for, say, up to 20 seconds before you need to recharge.
I can see a lot of people going omg this is gay no one would do that lol but still, I think it'd be nice.

considering doom3s support for irridescence shaders and other pixel sahders this would actually work realistically

well since dawn of the dead, RE: Apocalypse, 28 days later, shawn of the dead movies are coming out ive gotten back into my zombie phase. woyldnt it be cool if....kinda stuff.

anyways, doom 3 (and its zombie like characters) would, in my opinion, make for an amazing post apocalyptic/ zombie infested city kind of game.

ive always wanted to see a zombie movie from a military perspective, i almost got it in 28 days later....but then it went off into another direction.

pretty much saying that i think it would be cool if we could get a mod where hordes of zombies attack soldiers. simple as that.

simple, effective and downright realistic.

whadda ya think?

One of my big wet dreams is a sort of single-player "Generations" mod for Doom 3 in which you can play as each of the heroes from Id's shooters (like in the Q3A mod "Generations Arena") against the D3 demons in an intricate storyline that somehow pits those heroes from each their timeline against the forces of Hell (and has connections to the storylines of all the other Id games).

Doom 3 already has characters that look like the characters from Quake 2 (Sarge and a bunch of dead, helmet-less marines), Jack Campbell could be used to portray Q3A Sarge (as the hero representation from Q3A) and it obviously has the Doomguy, but of course, fitting Ranger (the Quake 1 dude) and B.J. (from Wolfenstein 3d/RtCW) into the mix is tougher and will no doubt require that the modders do new models from scratch that have a vague resemblence to the actual heroes from the games that they're supposed to represent (although not too much or they'd be violating Id's IP).
It's a shame that Doom 3 does not have a proper human version of the Commando as he already does have some slight resemblance to the Ranger character from Quake 1, but as it is, the Commando can't be used because he looks all evil-like with pointy teeth and blazing eyes.

The name "Quake" is in Doom 3 already (making the story stuff a helluva lot easier) as is the name "Sarge", but the modders will have to avoid mentioning the words/names "Strogg", "Grunt", "Ranger" and "BJ Blazcowicz" - most likely by avoiding mentioning the heroes by name (Sarge is an exception because his name is "legal").

Hell, a man can dream right? :-P

I just saw the movie Final fantasy: the spirits within

And it just looked and fealed like doom3....or it could be!

It would look nice in doom3 with the phantoms coming threw a wall and all that(if someone saw the movie they will understand)

But also the tech style in the new new york really looks like doom3!!!

I think it's hard to do! but still an idea

A full re-telling of Strife (at least the teaser mission), with atmospheric maps and new monster designs. I can only imagine what a new Acolyte would look like.

I think someone should make a huge ass blocky city with a flipped over cop car in the center like jebusville... omfg sexor