Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TinMan

Mod: TinMan Squad beta 0.2

My instructions were a bit off, it should be extracted to a folder inside doom 3 folder.
So if you've allread extracted to doom 3.
1. make folder tinman_squad
2. move files from doom 3 folder
ally_security.cfg
autoexec.cfg
tinman_squad.pk4
changelog.txt
description.txt
readme.txt
3. Have fun.

Do not skip step 3.

Very nice dude. My only complaint is that the Marines health was way too high. Some people might prefer this, but to make it a little more fun for myself, I set the pistoleer to 100, MG'er to 150, and SG and SH to 200. To do this, just edit ally_security.cfg.

Again, good work man. I was waiting for something like this. Can't wait for new versions.

They work really well, but I was just curious, are they supposed to sound like Zsec zombies when they make pain noises and die? It would be very easy to make them use the generic npc death sounds and the player's pain sounds, and you could use the game's unused multiplayer voice commands for combat chatter and idle chatter. Here's something I made pretty quickly:

http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/ally_sounds.zip

The def files are changed to only reference the ally_security sound shader and not the Zsec pistol zombie, so soundwise they are completely seperate. In the sound shader I gave them some appropriate voice commands for combat chatter and some things to say when they're idle (But for some reason they don't always make idle chatter sounds, so they're still pretty quiet). They also have Campbell's footstep sounds which can be easily changed back if they don't work that well (I think they sound fine), and sight sounds, although they technically don't make them since they no longer have their sight animation. I also changed the names of the allies for myself, but you can change those back too. Otherwise all of your comments have been left intact and nothing else has been changed. I'd suggest you take a look at what I made since I think they work pretty well for them.

Very good so far, but what I don't understand is that I've changed the names in the .cfg file, but they're still named 'Poppop' and stuff like that. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also, it would be great if the NPC's would follow you around by default and it would even be better if they could have any kind of weapon. Other than that, very nice.

First off thank's for the feedback, out of all the forums I posted this on you have the highest post to genuine feedback rate :)
Sin wrote:

My only complaint is that the Marines health was way too high.

This is just temporary until I make them smart about managing their own health, on the long todo list.

Revenant Wrote:

They work really well, but I was just curious, are they supposed to sound like Zsec zombies when they make pain noises and die?

Again, I did a quick hack job to stop them making normal zombie grunting noises during idle, something better - like your contribution is on my todo list along with something even better.

Disordered wrote:

I've changed the names in the .cfg file, but they're still named 'Poppop' and stuff like that.

Not sure about that one, works for me :)

it would be great if the NPC's would follow you around by default

They allready should.

So again, thank for the replies, I'm chugging away in research/testcrap mode at the moment as opposed to adding anything, but it'll get better eventually.

Are you thinking of making it possible to let those NPC's wield any weapon you'd want them to have? I'd love to wreak havoc with a chainsawcrew!

I'm pretty impressed with this so far, my only gripe is they can't jump (well not for me anyway), but apart from that, this mod is pretty cool. Keep up the good work Tinman.

You never know, once this mod gets a good update, you could spawn chainsaw, BFG, soulcube and plasma guys lol. Now that would be cool.

You know, I was thinking. You could eventually add in demon allys too :P