Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mekka

Electro/Industrial Doom tribute

I'm starting a Doom Tribute (free mp3s and cover to d/l) called RIP AND TEAR.
If you're interested in doing a song for it, here are the rules:
- Remix of one of the doom 1/2 tracks or
- Song using doom sounds (doom3 sounds allowed and voice samples allowed)
- Song "in the key" of Doom

It's serious and will be released, i'm not new to this sort of things, i did 4 CD the same, with some "famous" industrial french band (only famous in france, thus..) like Punish yourself, muckrackers, neon rain... (aware-power.fr.st / twinpeaks.best.cd / http://electronicnoodle.free.fr / hellraiser.best.cd <- The 4 i already done)

Even if it's "electro/industrial", anything is allowed, guitars, more dark ambiant stuff...

you can mail me at lau_remy@hotmail.com
thank you...

i'd participate if it was some genre i actually listened to.. depends though, can you show me some examples of electro music ? ..and is Rammstein industrial ? cuz then i can participate..

Sure, in fact, you can do anything you want, i said industrial because most band participating for now are industrial or dark electro, but it's ok for everything..

For now, 9 bands from the biggest french industrial forum are participating, and only one from doomworld, Julian...

Deathmatcher > I gave 4 links to free mp3s on the first post, but most french industrial bands sing in english (but i'm looking for links to songs in french, i'll tell you). There's many songs in french in the Jean Claude Vandamme tribute, but as it is a joke, it doesn't count :P

Danarchy > Will you participate ?

is there a time limit ? it's just that my home was flooded by sewers a couple of weeks ago, so i don't when i'll get to move back home :-/

release date before 2005.

The band k-bereit (ex kriegbereit), the EBM band of a guy that did a side project (cobalt60) with the main singer of front242 will participate... As cobalt60, they did a track for a Wing Commander game and one for Command and Conquer.

First track done by Circle of Masks :
(copy and paste in browser) : http://circleofmasks.chez.tiscali.fr/com-bistdudoom.mp3

In fact it could be a 3CD-set,
1st CD : "electro-industrial Dancefloor" Doom inspired songs
2nd CD : Zdoom mod (11maps at least)
3rd CD : Musics from the mod.
FOR FREE

Oh and btw, i'm not new to releasing stuff (even if it takes a long time) on the internet and i never gave up, so whatever happens, I'LL BE RELEASED.

If you're interested in joining this project, mail me at lau_remy@hotmail.com

Oh and btw, in #zdoom or #notzdoomrelated, i'm lau.

I've always liked the kinkiness.de music tributes. I guess they're kinda industrial/electronic.

Brain Leisure, a band that did 2 remixes for Wumpscut (on CD2 of "Music for a slaughtering tribe") is participating and has already submitted a few very good tracks...

Anyone interested in participating ?

Woah, my Band Aquanaut has recorded pretty much the whole soundtrack to Doom II. It's kind of cool to see this thread now. Yeah, we've covered each song in Doom II, and we're kind of getting into the Plutonia and TNT stuff next. As soon as I can get them to mp3's, I think our stuff would be cool to hear for a lot of you guys. Our band does prog rock kind of like King Crimson, so we stay faithful to the song, but change solos a bit. So, I'll get back with you on this.

i would love to participate. i just sent you an e-mail, mekka.

Use3D said:

No.

Actualy, it depends on the Rammstein release. The first two actually were industrial, so you lose there. More or less, Rammstein is Rammstein. They'll do whatever they feel like doing. And Industrial's probably not the best genre for Doom, as I myself find that anything softer than Ministry (industrial metal) doesn't fit.

pilottobombadier said:

Actualy, it depends on the Rammstein release. The first two actually were industrial, so you lose there.

Wrong.

Buddy, I know what industrial sounds like, as I listen to a lot of it. I would be very interested to hear what your idea of industrial music is, because I gotta tell ya something - Herzeleid and Sehnsucht most certainly ARE industrial music, Mutter most certainly is not, despite the fact that it is still veryt synth-heavy. Fact and opinion are two different things, after all.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you simply didn't like Rammstein.

So what's your take on KMFDM and Ministry?

pilottobombadier said:

Buddy, I know what industrial sounds like, as I listen to a lot of it.

You sure picked two bad examples of this fact. KMFDM? Ministry? Lets hear some more and maybe I'll consider enlightening you.

Use3D said:

You sure picked two bad examples of this fact. KMFDM? Ministry? Lets hear some more and maybe I'll consider enlightening you.

Front 242, Skinny Puppy, Nine-Inch Nails...And uhh...how are KMFDM and Ministry bad examples of industrial music? I really gotta hear this excuse :p

Just admit that you don't like Rammstein and that'll be that :p

Anyway, my 2 cents on the subject is this:

The sound-style from Rammstein's first release, Herzeleid, would be very appropriate for Doom if you're going with an industrial rock/metal sound.

You have to be careful because Doom's not Unreal, to put it vaguely. To put it bluntly, Doom is more action than atmosphere, so a heavier, significantly aggressive element needs to be there.

pilottobombadier said:

how are KMFDM and Ministry bad examples of industrial music? I really gotta hear this excuse :p

I didn't say Ministry and KMFDM are bad examples of industrial music, but bad examples of your supposed knowledge of industrial bands. You picked to two most common and least industrial goups of them all. Shoulda started with Skinny Puppy and 242. And if you can lump 242 or Puppy and Rammstein into the same genre or even sub genre you need your ears checked.

As for Doom, instead of guitar driven nonsense I'd rather go for a more ambient, dark sound, akin to the PSX soundtrack but with heavier beats and more melodies.

Use3D said:

I didn't say Ministry and KMFDM are bad examples of industrial music, but bad examples of your supposed knowledge of industrial bands. You picked to two most common and least industrial goups of them all. Shoulda started with Skinny Puppy and 242. And if you can lump 242 or Puppy and Rammstein into the same genre or even sub genre you need your ears checked.

As for Doom, instead of guitar driven nonsense I'd rather go for a more ambient, dark sound, akin to the PSX soundtrack but with heavier beats and more melodies.

So in otherwords, synth-driven nonsense? :P Just kidding, but yes, it's realtively easy to lump rammstein (at least albums 1 and 2) in the same genre of Front 242 and Skinny Puppy. Industrial's the genre. Same sub-genre, no. Rammstein's 1st two albums are industrial-metal. Ministry is industrial-metal. Skinny Puppy and Front 242 are industrial rock. KMFDM is sell-out industrial rock, but they are indeed industrial, aqnd it's not a question of more or less; you either are or you aren't because industrial has a specific type of sound.

What? Skinny Puppy, in general, is NOTHING like Rammstein. Have you EVER listened to Skinny Puppy, or are you just lying about having listened to it to look experienced? Front 242 sounds nothing like Skinny Puppy OR Rammstein. I don't get how you're categorizing this stuff by saying they have a similar sound.

Calling something "sell-out" is for trendwhores and drama queens that just want to get rid of something in order to move on to something new and claim they "never liked that other crap anyway", kthx. Unless, of course, we're talking about something that is unarguably, straight-up sold, like almost anything on the top 40 countdowns.

lol u guyz kraftwerk and rammstein r teh sane genra. rammstein covered this kraftwerk song 1ce u kno

Ultraviolet, if I knew better, I'd say you were flamebaiting me. I never said Rammstein and Front 242 and Skinny Puppy all sound exactly the same. Industrial in general does have a specific sound, though; that mimicking industrial machinery, hence the genre name. It has nothing to do with tempo, tone or lyrics.

And I listen to enough of KMFDM to have a right to say they've sold out. They're music is preachy crap compared to the awesomeness of XTort and Nihil.

Selling out is not about being in the top 40, it's about proverbial self-castration. Metallica is, of course, the quintessential example of this. They were popular long before they sold out, after all. So was KMFDM.