Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verdale

Doom 3 Quit Messages

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, it probably has, but I searched through and didn't see any mention of it.

In Doom 3, if you hit the Quit button, and the "Are You Sure Y/N" box comes up, if you look at the bottom-left corner of the screen is says "RUNNING AWAY?" If you select NO and don't move the mouse at all, and then look at the bottom left corner of the screen it says "PLAYER HAS DECIDED TO KILL MORE!"

It looks like they didn't leave their Doom 1/Doom 2 funny leave messages out of Doom 3.

"Leaving? But DOS Prompt is even scarier!" or something like that, haha loved those.

Screenies:

Running Away?: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Verdale/runaway.jpg

Player Decided To Kill More!:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Verdale/killmore.jpg

EDIT: Added screenies for those who can't find it.

Does it just say "Player" or does it change when the user changes his nickname for multiplayer?

Heh, I always loved those Doom1/2 quit messages..

Favorite ones:
"You're trying to say you like DOS better than me, right?"
"If I were your boss, I'd deathmatch ya in a second!"
"Go ahead and leave. See if I care."
"Just leave. When you come back, I'll be waiting with a bat!"

Although there's only one message, it's pretty cool that they included that kind of thing at all.

I think we should add this to the easter egg section? Or would you call it something else? Like extras?

Doubt it. I wonder if we'll ever see any messages such as the "extra" ones left in the original Doom source release...

"You quit, and i'll jizz"