Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

What ever happened to...

Who knows, it could have been an old Hell Knight, or perhaps a Baron of Hell, or anything else.

looks like an early version of the imp. i will say i do like the newer version.

needless to say the game has changed in many ways from the early alpha and beta screen

For crying aloud, it could be anything.

It could even have been a new monster all together, who knows.

I heard he really went down hill. Fame and fortune were too much for him. To escape the daily barrage of fans he started using Vicodin and drinking heavily. Then he was introduce to marijuana by some groupies and he then quickly escalated to cocaine. He started missing work and not paying his bills. Now he lives on a street corner begging for quarters so he can buy his daily Forty and play Vendetta at the local arcade.

-- DooM 3, my Anti-Drug --

Boooooooooo! :D

Whatever it is, I'm certainly glad that horrible looking monster never made it into the game. I was always of the opinion that it was a very early imp. It kind of walks around and leaps like the final imp does.

dosn't look very impish to me though. his walking movements actually look more like the Hell Knight than anything else, but he dosn't have the physical size.

i mean, sure it dosn't matter, but it is fun to speculate.

It was the imp. I don't remember if it's legal or not, but in the macworld video, birdman has nearly identical animation with the imp.

Dron said:

yeah, it's probably the archvile, it sure likes like it

Then the final one would be the 3rd version of the Archvile. There is already a scrapped Archvile design that was shown in some Doom3 preview magazine articles, the one with the tail and the claw things on the belly.

I guess Birdman is an early Imp or Baron of Hell design.

you know, it's kindof strange...they used that monster to demonstrate the lighting affects on countless occasions and the thing didn't even make it to the final version....I was really looking forward to finding out what that thing was :(

It's too small to be an old Hell Knight or Baron of Hell...it was probably either the new IMP or a new demon all together/

Its painfully obvious that "birdie" was supposed to be the imp. Then ID exchanged it for spider eyes because clearly doom 3 has a lack of spideresque references.