Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im thinking of making a mod for Playstation Doom. With all the maps from it and using Zdoom, it would be great! The only thing that it needs is the txtures from Console Doom. Reply if you want to talk about it.

See ya!

We don't need a PSX Doom mod. Like I said in the 32X Doom thread, one mod is enough. Console Doom already fulfills the need for a mod like this, in my opinion.

WildWeasel, in the PSX Doom mod, it has e1m3,e1m4,e1m5,e1m7,e1m9,e2m9,e3m5,e3m7,e4m1,e4m2,e4m3,e4m4, and e4m8
missing in Console Doom.

don't forget lack of map13, map15, map20, map24, map28, map29, map30, map31, map32, but that is not the point.
IMO it's rather pointless making PSX Doom as we can play the levels from PSX on PC, cause they are pc levels :P except retextured (which makes them look bit worse) the new music (if You want to play wads with the PSX Music go visit the doomdepot) and coloured lighting. You can play the exclusives in Consoledoom, so there is no real point the make the mod.

Id like to see it. Sure consoledoom has some of the levels retextured, but there isnt colored lighting, and some levels have alot of different monster placements. A while back i mapped out the first episode, using the Consoledoom levels and redoing the rest, unfortunately it got deleted. I never liked the way zdoom colored lighting looked though, unless its zdoomgl.

footman said:

You'd end up warezing most of Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 with this mod, genius.

Since you have to have the original IWAD to play it, so what? Nobody condemned Kaiser for making Console Doom. Console Doom is not a level for level recreation. There are a few levels in PSX DOOM that have not been decently recreated as pwads. I would like to see a level for level copy of PSX Doom that is playable in Zdoom or even better Zdoomgl. If Doom64 can be completly copied why not the PSX?

Erp said:

If Doom64 can be completly copied why not the PSX?

Is it possible for me to say that the 32x version is worthy of recreation without being hideously maimed by most, if not all of Doomworld?

Assplalt said:

WildWeasel, in the PSX Doom mod, it has e1m3,e1m4,e1m5,e1m7,e1m9,e2m9,e3m5,e3m7,e4m1,e4m2,e4m3,e4m4, and e4m8
missing in Console Doom.

I left those maps out of Console Doom because they were just the same maps with doom2 textures slapped on them with VERY little difference to the level structure. There's no change on Episode 4 in PSXdoom either.

Maps like e2m2, e2m4 and e2m6 were included because they were heavily modified along with new structures. It was pointless to do the other maps.

is there that much different about the 32x version? I remember playing it, the level design was like the PSX wasnt it? single sides monsters?

if You want a Console Doom so badly, how about recreating all D64 maps using Doom2's monsters, textures and such? Might be interesting.

Is there any port out there that has more PSX like Colored Lighting, and maybe Reverb sectors, in order to make a PSX mod with the orginal feeling, you would need those.

ShaneAmp said:

Is there any port out there that has more PSX like Colored Lighting, and maybe Reverb sectors, in order to make a PSX mod with the orginal feeling, you would need those.

ZDoom is that port. As for the reverb...well, I think that's just put in the sound files. Not necessarily a sector-based thing.

i dunno, i dont like the colored lighting in zdoom, unless its zdoomgl, but that isnt up to date yet is it? The colored lighting in jdoom is more like it. To bad there isnt a sector based reverb option for any port, just adding it to the file wouldnt have the same feel.

ShaneAmp said:

i dunno, i dont like the colored lighting in zdoom, unless its zdoomgl, but that isnt up to date yet is it? The colored lighting in jdoom is more like it. To bad there isnt a sector based reverb option for any port, just adding it to the file wouldnt have the same feel.

There's the EAX stuff for ZDoom. ZDoomGL is in fact up to date - the latest version is based on 2.0.63a.

EAX supports reverb, echo, chorus, and all sorts of other effects - the catch being, you need a Sound Blaster Live to use them.

so where do u get zdoomgl based on 2.0.63a? i can only find a version based on 2.0.47. And unfortunately that version is messed up big time on my computer, all textures and sprites are solid black.