Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

extracting the grafix (round 2 )

I want to ectract all the doom monster grafix from the game. Now someone mentioned Wintex but that doesn't work. My freind said something about needing visual basic. ?! So does anyone have a simple way for a guy like me to jank teh grafix out of the original Doom?

tahnks in advance.

Shapeless said:

I want to ectract all the doom monster grafix from the game. Now someone mentioned Wintex but that doesn't work. My freind said something about needing visual basic. ?! So does anyone have a simple way for a guy like me to jank teh grafix out of the original Doom?

tahnks in advance.

Translation:
I want to extract all the Doom monster graphics from the game. Now someone mentioned Wintex but that doesn't work. My friend said something about needing Visual Basic?! So does anyone have a simple way for a guy like me to yank the graphics out of the original Doom?

Thanks in advance.

You dont need Visual Basic for that. But if WinTex didnt include its vbrun300.dll file (why the fuck not?) you can have it here.

You might also try NWT. I find it a bit easier to use in the beginning (Although WinTex proves more powerful when it comes to some more advanced functions)

XWE works also. And doesn't have all those frickin complicated arrows and lines that confuse the fuk outta me. Just open the wad and select what you want.

psyren said:

XWE works also. And doesn't have all those frickin complicated arrows and lines that confuse the fuk outta me. Just open the wad and select what you want.

Yeah, XWE owns the fuck out of WinTEX, IMO. Use it if WinTEX still doesn't work.