Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

heh, you guys missed one (olympic history)

at work, before the olympics started, they advertised the olympics and HD TV.

they then did a quick think about "firsts" in the game. however forgot 1 ver important 1
1936 - first televised games. i wonder why?
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1936%20German%20Olympics%20TV%20Program.htm

granted the signal was not as far reaching as say 1948 was, but it was the first. i guess they didnt want to admit even the nazis have a place in olympic history.

whoa. This reminds me of a joke from the Family Guy:

If you would like to get tickets for Hitler, please call 432-WISHENWASHENFRIGGINFRAGENUBERSTOGENHESHENWHASHENSPEEGEL!

DooMer87 said:

whoa. This reminds me of a joke from the Family Guy:

If you would like to get tickets for Hitler, please call 432-WISHENWASHENFRIGGINFRAGENUBERSTOGENHESHENWHASHENSPEEGEL!

The number is 213 "You will need a nurse", except he says it in German.

Szymanski said:

The Nazis started the olympic flame and the athletes procession at the start. So they left their mark.

i would say they did! heh
it is somewhat deeply disturbing to see a swastika with the olympic symbol, but thats history. history is interesting, we view hitler as the most evil man ever. sadly what about stalin. just as many, if not more, people died under his rule. being the winner of the war he was not viewed in the same way as hitler.
the world might be a differnt place had the US stayed out of europe, however chances are great that someone would have bumped off hitler anyways.
right now there is a show about the 2 men's lives. "Hitler and stalin: roots of evil"

i would say history is the juding of losers by the winners.

Hobo said:

The number is 213 "You will need a nurse", except he says it in German.

Next time do your reading, Doomer. ;)

well, i forgot about it cuz it was a while ago...but whatever. I forgot it was 213 and not 432. But hey, if you saw the episode, it was hilarious. Just like when mad TV has their fake sponsors such as "Aunt Jemima Syrup. Just look for the fat black lady on the box."

GGG said:

Next time do your reading, Doomer. ;)

What reading?

Doomer87 said:

Stuff about family guy

Yeah, the episode where death sprains his ankle and sticks around their house for a few days. They're all great.

heh that was a kick-ass ep. Fox sucks because they had a 2 hour marathon of the family guy and they cut out the following words---

Bastard
Bitch
Dump
Bang

Heh hopefully adult swim keeps family guy

DooMer87 said:

Heh hopefully adult swim keeps family guy

UPN is taking Family Guy.

i would not say i believe in either one. communism is made out to be evil. fact is communism is a system, the men who carried it out where evil. my family also happens to have lived in communist countries

The Nazis are a part of history people want to forget, or remember differently. forgetting about them, what they did and how the changed things would be a very bad idea. these guys where a revolution in evil. I believe that Hitler in his later years, after 1942. didn't really want Germany to win. i think he really wanted to make the world pay. he got this wish if I am correct. Germany remained split until 1990's
the Nazis had the technology, the strength, the determination and planning to control Europe. if you think the allies had the best tech, your wrong. maybe in some areas, but the Germans had us beat. after all they had the first jet power aircraft, maybe even the first plane to reach or break the sound barrier. their rockets at least did. they had the first medium range ICBM (V2) after WWII both Americans and soviets scrambled for what was left of German technology, scientists and designers. needless to say there where things lost.

These guys point out that anything is possible in this world, good and evil. also that evil is not just from "uncivilized" cultures. The Nazis showed us how people can be taken advantage of. I think that is one of the scary things about WW II. only after understanding those times, the people, their past, the results and causes can we truly be thankful of what we have today. I know i sure am. Its an era in time all people should learn about, even if it was very bloody and violent.

I agree completely. Funny how the UN got formed after WWII and vowed to preserve peace and security, and today many people are seriously talking about disbanding the UN. People forget way too quickly.

yes, and forgetting is what this post was about.

an ad at work, for the olympics, showed important dates for the olympics. like first radio coverage, i think 1st TV coverage is a good one. leading up to first HD coverage.

however the thing that saddens and angers me the most was a mother's friend who home schooled her children. she thus didnt let them learn anything about this era. her oldest daughter said she didnt like jews, so i kept calling her hitler. she asked who hitler was and i just looked at her with that "holy shit your so fucking stupid" face. then i said "well ONLY 10 million people died because of that fuck!"

Actually Stalin killed a little over twice as many people, for the same racial and bigot reasons too.

Then theres General Moa who killed far more people then Hitler and Stalin even intended to in their wildest of dreams, 64 million. Granted no one seems to know who the hell he is, probably cause he isn't white.

Id sure like to see "roots of evil" do a little show on the English attempting to ethnically cleanse Ireland of the Irish, thus became one of the many great foundations of supremacist beliefs long before Hitler ever graced this world.

OT, Yea I find it pretty pathetic when people try to scrub nazi history out of existence. Doing so just symbolizes the inevitability of a second naziesque faction.

yes there have been others just as violent and many who where more so. stalin won WW II thats why we dont look apon him as such a bad guy. others get ignored and erased.

genocide has been preformed by every race and nation. look at america, we waged a brutal war on natives long ago.

accepting it exsist is a step towards preventing it