Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark santaclaus

illumination

I don´t understand why a room or a little part of it just doesn´t illuminate when you shot a weapon, i mean, the explotion produced in a gun should make a flash

Is this a problem with one specific area or do none of your weapons cast light at all anywhere?

The cvar in question is g_muzzleFlash, which is set to 0 in certain quality modes (I know for sure low quality sets it to 0).

Someone should make a detailed list of which quality mode affects which parameters. By the way, I play on high quality and I don´t think that the weapons light up the rooms that much.

Deathmatcher said:

Someone should make a detailed list of which quality mode affects which parameters. By the way, I play on high quality and I don´t think that the weapons light up the rooms that much.

Nah, they don't. To deal with this, I took the weapon_[weapon].def files out of pak000.pk4 and added them into a mod folder. Then, I multiplied the "flashradius" value by about 5x the normal value.

For weapon projectiles, just do a search in the weapon file for "light_color" or "explode_light_color" and modify those to your tastes.