Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClanNetworks

Graphics Board for Doom3

Jomero said:

eVGA Nvidia 6800 Ultra, previously a Radeon X800 Pro.

why the FUCk did you buy an X800 then buy a 6800!!!!!! chirst you must either be rich, have rich parents, had a dud card which you traded or are just plain lying. thats like 700-1000 dollars(depending on modles) on cards! besides there really isnt gonna be a massive difference in the 2

whish i could say i had either. 9600XT for me. works good, some lag in a few areas but not horrible. MP seems to run faster though

I could see how you could afford it, but why would you waste your money like that? They are almost identical.

Jomero said:

eVGA Nvidia 6800 Ultra, previously a Radeon X800 Pro.

I'd be willing to take that crappy old Radeon X800 Pro off your hands. Free of charge even!

AgentSpork said:

I'd be willing to take that crappy old Radeon X800 Pro off your hands. Free of charge even!

Oh, your too kind AgentSpork.

<Kills AgentSpork>

Oh... seems like I'll be takin' it now, thank you.

256mb radeon 9800xt, previously a radeon 8500aiw. The difference is astounding.

Mancubus II said:

256mb radeon 9800xt, previously a radeon 8500aiw. The difference is astounding.

So uh, your place? Next weekend?

NVidia GeForce FX 5500. Decent card. I play in 800x600, medium detail and the game looks and plays great.

MSI Radeon 9600TX (slightly overclocked 9500pro)

It's not really a current card anymore but it still runs Medium fine.

GeForce 3 Ti 200 64 MB

Runs very playably except during the room to room swap sessions. Btw, as an aside for those running low quality mode. Try upping your image_downSizeLimit to 512. You won't get much of a performence hit as the bulk of the textures in the game are 256x256 anyway and you'll get some added detail in things like menu graphics and skins.

Sephiroth said:

why the FUCk did you buy an X800 then buy a 6800!!!!!! chirst you must either be rich, have rich parents, had a dud card which you traded or are just plain lying. thats like 700-1000 dollars(depending on modles) on cards! besides there really isnt gonna be a massive difference in the 2

whish i could say i had either. 9600XT for me. works good, some lag in a few areas but not horrible. MP seems to run faster though

I traded the X800 Pro back to the store and paid the difference between it and a 6800 Ultra. The reason why I took the X800 back was because ATI really pissed me off. It took them too long to fix their drivers for the games that I play, and by the time they did it was too little, too late (and still not a 100% fixed on some). I got sick of it, and the fact that their X800 XT's (their fastest card) are nowhere in site. Last I heard, the XT's were recalled. I said fuck that shit, and went back to Nvidia.

I am not rich, but I make enough to afford my own place with some change. If it makes you feel any better, the card I had right before my X800 Pro/6800 Ultra was a GeForce 3 Ti 500.

well that makes more sence!
yea i will admit i havnt been impressed by ATI. the support i think does suck. however most games are still in windows which make is an alright company. but if you have noticed i am not a big windows user. right now doom III and SH3 are the ONLY reasons i still have windows 2000. I run XP on my laptop which is mainly for internet use when i am away or at school.

sadly i played alot of ET, however in linux i had better preformance on my geforce 4 MX-440 than my ATI9600XT

also to note. our work has not recieved a single X800 card, but we have a few 6800GT's and standard 6800's

GeForce 4 440 64 mb

runs Doom 3 ok I guess, but shit-for-fps at times

I bought a Radeon 9600 SE w/ 128 MB .. which sucked balls, so I returned it and got a 9600 w/ 256 MB instead. $70 CA more, and it's better than the crippled 9600 SE.

It seems most people here either have a really, really good card .. or a pile of crap on a stick. Just play Doom 3 on the computers at your local PC shop, guys .. they won't mind ;P

9700pro 128MB. get the odd sudden freeze up but it last for only a sec or 2 and isn't really a prob, likely go away if i had a x800xt. soon, hopefully

Geforce 2 GTS. As soon as the Linux binaries are out, I'm gonna try it on a Geforce 2 MX. ;)