Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Do the Doom... Movie

GamerFeed has scored an interview with id CEO Todd Hollenshead about the (apparently for real this time) upcoming Doom movie:

GameDAILY: What is the latest status of the movie? I know the first deal expired after a year. Can you run through the process?

Todd Hollenshead: The script is close to final and we're very happy with it. Universal is in the process of casting and pre-production now. With every passing day I become more and more confident that we will see DOOM at movie theaters before the end of next year.

We've of course already heard rumors of the Rock being cast as well as some other information, but apparently this movie is a go. Late summer release in 2005 perhaps?

Your voice cannot be heard over the horrid screeching of corporate mansex that controls the media.

there was never a good movie based on a game, so i doubt this one will be any better

Shadowfox said:

Wait.. so the Rock will be doing both the Doom movie and the FarCry movie?

yes

Since TH said that the "we're" (id, I'm assuming) happy with the script, that means the movie probably won't be a substantial movie that's true to the game. *cough*...money maker...*cough* It just reminds me of the reasons why AvP was toned down to be acceptable to a larger audience simply for box office sales -- at the movie's detriment, imo. I think that some of the qualities that made Doom special, etc were lost in a more marketable manifestation as opposed to something that remained truer to the series. Aside from that, though, don't get me wrong -- Doom 3 is a good game in it's own right. I simply fear that money will come before quality in regards to this movie.

Wasn't there already a Doom movie?

In all seriousness, like most video game movies, my expectations will be quite low.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I hope they use classic Doom sounds in this movie. :D

I probably doubt it, as they'll be cashing in on DooM 3, not classic DooM. (somehow I don't think they'd make a film based on a 10-year old game, when a sequel just came out)

With how bad a job Hollywood does 90% of the time I'm pretty sure it'll kill itself eventually. Either that or they'll start letting people with actual ability make movies.

The people who made AvP also made Aliens4. They are proud of the "hybrid" alien. None of them should be let near a camera of any type ever again.

This movie will probably be really scary. Not scary from horror mind you, scary from being so bad ;)

I thought the Resident Evil movie was pretty good. But if The Rock is the Doomguy, there's no point in hoping it to be good...

AndrewB said:

Oh god, there is no way in the world that this could possibly not be shit.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Wow, that felt weird.

Relica Religia said:

They'll probably turn the movie into an extraterrestrial sitcom, starring Cher and those fags from Will and Grace.

I thought there was only one fag from Will and Grace.

Scuba Steve said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Wow, that felt weird.

Hahahahaha.

I think most peoples problem with the movie will be that the story isn't going to match Dooms. It's going to have new characters and new things happening and people aren't going to like them intruding on what their idea of the story is.

I'm reserving my judgement until I see it.

I don't think this movie will be that bad.

And for the last FUCKING time, NO, The Rock is not going to play the FUCKING DOOMGUY.
Though he may have a (small) part in the movie.

Why? I mean. Doom, and even Doom 3, is all about you being in this completely alone. It's you vs. all of Hell. So how are you gonna make a movie about that? It's just not good movie material IMO.

Cajun[CC] said:
Why? I mean. Doom, and even Doom 3, is all about you being in this completely alone. It's you vs. all of Hell. So how are you gonna make a movie about that? It's just not good movie material IMO.

Sure it is, you just need creative writing. Look at "castaway" with Tom Hanks. There weren't even any demons in there to keep him company.

But in Castaway, he had the volleyball to chat with. Maybe the DoomGuy will befeind an imp or zombie, and have long chats with it throughout the movie (LMFAO). Hey, it could be worse. they could just port the Doom Comic to a movie!