Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven

Darkhaven's Super Hi Quality!

As a mini-hobby, I'm ripping all the music from all Doom ports I own... And I currently have an almost-complete list of the 32x Doom music ripped at the highest quality possible, with a YM2616 High-Quality attachment running at 44KHz. Tell me if anyone actually wants this stuff released...

Do you have the 3DO port too?

I'd like to see if the rest of episode 2 and 3 have redone music for it and for some reason it just wasn't put up, but I can't stand going through episode 1 myself with such a choppy framerate and randomnly appearing and dissapearing monsters.

BlackFish said:

let's see, if the 22khz qualities were a 60mb wadfile, then why bother with a fucking 120mb music file?

Didn't you make a 60 meg weapon mod?

Hmm, let's see, do you see a 32x music wad at Elbryan's site? No. So please, take off the dumbshoes and look to see if there actually IS a 32x music wad before you start saying it's automatically 60 megs because the PC MP2 wad is 60 megs.

And Revenant100, those 3DO rips are the highest and only quality MP3's possible, and that's actually all the music the 3DO disc has. :/ Kinda disappointing when I play my copy to have E1M4 playing on E3M3...

Darkhaven said:

Hmm, let's see, do you see a 32x music wad at Elbryan's site? No. So please, take off the dumbshoes and look to see if there actually IS a 32x music wad before you start saying it's automatically 60 megs because the PC MP2 wad is 60 megs.

And Revenant100, those 3DO rips are the highest and only quality MP3's possible, and that's actually all the music the 3DO disc has. :/ Kinda disappointing when I play my copy to have E1M4 playing on E3M3...

What little music it does have is some quality stuff, though. (especially E1M1)

AgentSpork said:

What little music it does have is some quality stuff, though. (especially E1M1)

Indeed!

And Deathmatcher, 3DO is some shitty console made by Panasonic. I think it has a 9MHz processor, IIRC. Do not buy it, it is total shit except for Doom, and even that is total shit, IMHO.

Some of Elbrayn's rips are a little lower in quality, but still pretty decent. I made myself a hi quality OGG wad for the SNES music, it sounds probly 3 or 4 times better then Elbrayns, but then i did mine with Winamp, i think he recorded his from the actual snes. Some emulators make the music sound alot better at a higher rate. That wad is also only 30 megs.

Yes! Of course you should release this neat stuff!
And besides ripping the DOOM tunes in high-quality, don't forget to also rip ROTT tunes and DUKE3D tunes in high-quality!
Please do it! Do it! Cause I'm tired of those old low-quality MIDIs. I want some new MP3s for my dad's car stereo for God's sake!

I'm not looking for quality. I went to Doom Depot to find midis and Elbryan has made them all mp3. Specifically, I am looking for midis or mus files from Doom64.

Got a good version of the main theme and also from "Watch your step", but nothing else.

Of course, most midis sound like shit, but I want them for a wad and would like to check out any that anyone might have.