Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom cardboard cut out

do any of u have a doom cardboard cut out. I have seen many of them before, and there is a doom64 one still at my work, might steal it next time cause it is in the back store room. I also expect to see ones for doom3. I got a quake and mortal combat one. I have looked for one in a few places but i have had no luck. Also what about a doom arcade machien. I have only seen 4, and one was a virtual reality type game. then 2 of them were doom1 with only 3 episodes and a beta feature! u had lives and they were in the same positon as the beta. u played until u died 3 times, or lost all ur lives if u picked up another soul sphere. The last one was doom2 but there was no extra lives u only had 3 unless u died.

I belive they were set at hurt me plenty, they are kind of difficult to play because of the controls on an arcade game. i have not seen a doom arcade game in a wile but i have not been to an arcade in a wile too.

I am working on card models of Doom since some months (have begun one and a half year ago and then stopped work). I talked about it from time to time.

In the moment, I am working on the Cyberdemon´s head.
Well, I have wasted a lot of time with CAD software, my idea was to sculpt the Cyberdemon in a modelling software and then to import the .dxf in a cardmodelling software (those really exist), but then I noticed, that these complex models have to be constructed in the traditional way. Card modelling software promises to generate 2D sheets from 3D models.

I also saw the Quake card model, but - yikes - it was very simple. I am not sure how far I should go with the details of the model and if even someone will built this models since it will take time and need some skills.

But from this point I definitely will not stop the construction, so you will get a model of the Cyb in the next months :)

And then I will pick up the long planned (and also begun-then interrupted) weapons manufacture.

(BTW: I once downloaded a Quake 2 BFG of another author from a german Quake and stuff site, which is not online anymore. Just tell me and I sent this file to you. It is black and white, so you will have to paint it after building).

Update: Of course I will make the whole Cyb, not only the head.

Sorry to sound stupid, but what is all this card business? Can someone explain it to me?
I was also planning to create and model and texture a cyberdemon in 3dmax. Right now I don't have the time though, got another project going.

Well, you cut out printed parts out of a sheet of cardboard and fold or roll andthen glue them together.
There are simple models out there for pre-school kids and also models for hardcore builders with up to 20.000 parts (mostly ship models).

I just tried to sculpt the Cyberdemon in a 3D-app (Meshworks) and then I imported it into a "cardmodel generator" (such apps that are made for making card models automatically), but that does not work. The result is, that - for example - one of the horns of the Cyb would need about 600 foldings, and I guess no card model maker would be that patient.

So I switched over to the traditional way in model constructing: Building the inner construction and then forming and patching the hull.