Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paradrops

Doom64

Tried to finish Final Doom on the PSX and couldnt get far enough in the first episode cause I got called up into active duty. The only one available now is Doom64. It looks gorgeous so far and I got to the 4th level so far. I was disappointed when I saw that there was no Archville on PSX, are there any cuts or levels missing on Doom64?

Doom64 has no Archvile. It also lacks Chaingunners, Revenants, the Spider Mastermind and the Icon of Sin.
It has 32 new, fresh levels from scratch.
For new attraction-besides new graphics and levels, there's a new weapon and a new boss.

I found the new graphics very interesting. IMO, they are much better than the default Doom2 sprites, much more creepy, especially Zombies, Imps, Barons and Cacos. Only the Cyberdemon looks worse. However, I was a bit dissapointed when I got Doom64 home from the market-I mean damn, they could at least add swimmable water like I read...

Yeah the graphics were very creepy. The whole game was with the levels and enemies since everything was at a much darker tint. Great game.

I kinda wish someone would remake Ultimate Doom with the Doom64 Graphics and textures.

Edit-That is awesome Nmn

Thx :)
There was a project of remaking all Ult. Doom levels using D64TC. Melfice was doing that, but the screens were taken off Doomdepot and I seriously doubt the project still lives..

Very long ago. IIRC somewhere after Dark Nexus was born-that's Autumn 2003.

So about a year? wow..

The screanies posted up btw, are a lot clearer and brighter than what the nintendo 64 offers on the game, in case anyone was curious.