Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Jingles

point of origin - where do you live?

Hobo said:

I live in a town called Aberdeen, Washington, 19,000 people or so, about 15 miles from the coast, and about 40 miles west of Olympia. It's wet and cold here all the time, and nothing ever happens here.

The only famous people from here are Kurt Cobain and Chris Novoselic.

...and 50 miles west sounds more accurate, but meh.

Hmm, I live in Roskilde, Denmark.

It's a bit weird in the fact that while it is basically a smallish provincial town (only one main shopping street, everything closes down at Sunday exept a few shawarma joints) the populace still seem quite metropolitan in their outlook (Probably due to the easy train access to Copenhagen).

The town is internationally known for:

The Roskilde Festival.
Europe's biggest rock festival (and the oldest too). It's profile is similar to Glastonbury and Lollapalooza (R.I.P) with a very diverse programme genre-wise and lots of different artistic and cultural happenings and shenanigans happening all over the place.

The viking ships.
Roskilde lies at the bottom of Roskilde bay (or "fjord" if you insist) where a lot of old and rather well preserved viking ships have been dug up by archeologists. The museum that houses their remains also organises various hobby craftsmen and historians to build replicas of the old ships using only the methods and tools that were available to the vikings.
I think they have just finished one and intend on sailing it to Ireland.

Regarding the weather it is like the rest of Denmark. Grey skies most of the time and it rarely snows in winter. Recently the summers have become hotter and hotter. We blame the global warming (and the americans).

Lutarez said:

...and 50 miles west sounds more accurate, but meh.

Well it doesn't seem like 50.

I have a city in Liberia. Well seriously, I'm back and forth from Amish Country to Hobo Country depending on my obligations.

Ty Halderman said:

Someone had to.

And isn't it a coincidence that a total loser lives practically next door to a god?

Gokuma said:

For a minute I thought that was a flame. Man, way to be hard on yourself.

If you think about it, it's sort of true ;) I did spend my fair share of time in the Losers forum after all...

Spike said:

Childwall, a district of Liverpool a little South East of City Centre, beyond Wavertree.

I'm not too far away from you. Also in Liverpool, i live in Aintree. The only thing here is the Racecourse, that means every april (iirc) during the Grand National we're stuck. The surrounding roads are all blocked off. It's not as rough around here though, its mainly just kid's with spraypaint and drugs. Well, there you go.

Joe said:

I'm not too far away from you. Also in Liverpool, i live in Aintree. The only thing here is the Racecourse, that means every april (iirc) during the Grand National we're stuck. The surrounding roads are all blocked off. It's not as rough around here though, its mainly just kid's with spraypaint and drugs. Well, there you go.

Indeed, something like a couple of bus rides away - maybe 7 miles or so? As for the area, the local trouble is probably negligable due to the 'prestige' held by the glorified torture (horseracing).
We're hoping to get moved to Halewood in the next few months. Slightly better area, plus we'll have plenty of friends/family on our doorstep.

Kuopio, Finland.
Terrain: flat as a pancake, a whole lotta forests.
Population: 89,000 or so.
Climate: Cold in the winter, not so cold in the summer (but even then not very hot).

That's about it. Not much to tell about this place, but if you're a ice hockey fan like myself, you might recognize these names: Olli Jokinen, Kimmo Timonen, Sami Kapanen. They're all from here.

Cambridgeshire, in England. Its famous for Cambridge university, Isaac Newton, Bikes,..er..and probably some other bits as well. I actually live in somewhere called Little Downham, which is a tiny village with only 2 main roads, and little ones connecting them. Thats close to Ely, which is a smallish city about 20 miles or so from Cambridge