Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RamboBones

Doom without a scratch

It's taken me a couple of days however I now have the first few levels of my 'Doom without a scratch' replay done. I'm using PrBoom to create the replay, simply because I need a couple of goes at some parts to get it done :P. Whilst the demo is tool assisted I rather enjoy seeing whole levels go down without a scratch being taken :).

Anyway, I imagine something like this has been done before so I'll get overmyhself and post the link

http://thorin.soupfiction.net/rambobones/uvnd29.lmp

Please let me know what you think.

Indeed it is reality style... I've put up all the reality demos originally found on Panter's page here ->

http://www.d.kth.se/~d99-kro/demos/reality

Those are runs through every single level of Doom 2 reality style. Some of them are on Nightmare!, some on UV, some on lower skill levels, one (map 25) can probably only be done with -nomonsters(!!!).

I liked your demo, there are too few reality demos. I've made some, but I seem to be the only(?) active Doom demo recorder to produce reality demos on a semi-regular basis (which is a damn shame, because I'm really a pretty mediocre player, and some people could do it so much better, quicker, and more impressive than my feeble attempts!). :-/

Anyway, you might be interested to know I'm currently working on a "Knee-Deep In The Dead" reality movie (E1M1-E1M8, the very end excluded, heh). Unassisted. :-D

I've gotten up to E1M6, which is pure hell. It'll take me quite some time to figure out suitable routes for E1M6 and E1M7... It also takes a *lot* of time, more than 40 minutes to get up to E1M6 so I'm slow, but I think I'm getting there.

The download link isn't working for me. BTW, it is generally very useful to include a textfile with a demo, so people know what it was recorded with, which maps it was recorded on, and how long it lasts.

Kristian Ronge said:

I liked your demo, there are too few reality demos. I've made some, but I seem to be the only(?) active Doom demo recorder to produce reality demos on a semi-regular basis

I don't normally sit down with the intention of recording a reality demo, but if I see that whatever I am attempting to do can perhaps be done reality style, I'll often have a go at it. Did you see my aotw Pacifist Reality? That was intentionally made reality-style (I abandoned attempts if I took any damage). :)

However, given that my favourite categories for recording are Pacifist, NM and "die upon exit", I don't end up producing many reality demos.

Also, Vile's demos on Action Doom are reality-style (out of necessity, of course).

Thanks. I didn't bother checking for that type of thing, since Kristian had succeeded in downloading it. I've fixed the url.

Great to get some feedback.

I'm still working on it and only just did tricks and traps today, due to lack of time. I admitaddely hadn't thought about map25, but I'm sure I'll work something out when I come to it :D

Well I'm now up to Circle of Death. I must admit it's been a while since I played the old doom last and I can't remember some of the maps as well as I thought I did, so I sort of wandered around on Refueling Base until I eventually worked out wtf i was doing, took me 11 minutes though :P