Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zip_Tour

Tech help

I upgraded my graphics card driver and doom is still crashing. I now upgraded to DirectX 9 and would like to upgrade my BIOS. Problem is, I really dont have a clue how to upgrade BIOS. On startup, it says BIOS 1001.

Where do I need to go to DL a new version, and what version should I get? Any help is greatly appreciated.

It would help if you could tell us your system specs. Like what video card you have. Also, do you get any error essages when the game crashes?

D'oh, manc already posted.

1.7 Amd Athon CPU
Geforce 4400
512mb ram
Asus a7N8X mobo
WinXP

It just crashes to Desktop with no error message.

asus.com has BIOS files under its "downloads" section. Just need to put in your model number (a7n8x). After you download the bios, which is a VERY small *.bin file, you need to get Asus updater from the same site. Tell it to update bios from a file, click ok, wait, and restart your computer when told to do so. By the way, what are your BIOS settings? I know my settings on the A7N8X-X board are completely wrong when set to defaults. Also, try updating your sound card drivers as well, as this has caused some crashes and slowdowns for me. What else, what else.. *thinking* Try closing all other applications before you run Doom3 and see if it still happens.