Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevinrocs

WAD for Doomwars

Are you waiting for someone to make a wad where you play the role as the badass Boss in doom2? you get to be the one who spawns the monsters? well..
I'm making a wad for doomwars:)
f.y.i. to fill you in, doomwars lets you enmass an army in 60 seconds (build whatever ,imps,humans,.....cyberdemons) and throw that army at player2 split-screen) but watchout, because your buddy might have his own castle well-protected by the time your 30 hellknights reach the front gates.

Note:Doomwars was not invented by me, but I support the authors' creation and I plan to make wads for it.

Sounds pretty cool. What port is it for? I assume legacy since it's the only port I know of with split-screen. Do you have screenshots?

dude, if you want to add something to what you said use the "edit" button btw, to put an image into your post use the "[img]" tag and put the url to the image in between "[img]" and "[/img]" without the qoutation marks

This is what I'm talking about, so maybe 1 former human with lousy aim(what they are known for) cannot pose a threat, or maybe 5-10 won't pose a threat, or 20 when you have at least a shotgun or better. But in Doomwars, player-owned monsters shoot through each other without causing friendly fire. Also, in this screen shot you can see around 150-200 former humans,what you don't see is the 50-100 extras behind me. Dodge that kind of firepower! Don't forget that player1 will be firing at you too!

pcx files can be viewed and converted with a variety of programs. Try irfanview for image conversion, which I believe is free.

You'll need to upload the images to a server in order for us to see them.

kevinrocs said:

will doom002.tif be veiwable? i can make it a .tif
added>>>(nevermind ive made it .jpg, that should work

As a newb to uploading to a server, despite user uploads with kazaa, how do i get my jpg to a server?

Host the picture on imageshack or photobucket or any other free image hosting sites. Then link the image here.

You do realize an iWAD is an assload of work, right? To do it, you need to replace absolutely every resource in DOOM(2).WAD, and, IIRC, the Doom(2) license prevents you from having any unedited Doom(2).wad resources in your own work.

Also, I have a lot of unfinished stuff on my Harddrive I can send you if you want anything. I have alot of unused sprites, ripped music from Turok II, and ALOT of textures and flats. I've also got some mapping skill for huge castles and the like...

I took a look at the work to be done and it is massive. I'll copy/paste my already-done work into a wad instead. I haven't seen anyone make wads and distribute them to servers for doomwars yet. So my wad is going to maybe be the first...

I suspect you are confusing an iwad with a pwad. I'm sure what you intend is really a pwad.

BTW, your signature is much too long - six lines maximum, please.

Because this bloke cant speak english properly, i'll say that Doomwars is a port of Legacy (an old version of legacy) which allows the player to create friendly monsters using 'mana', which is collected from mana points. These friendly monsters then either fight other monsters in single player, or the other player's army of monsters in multiplayer. You collect more mana by standing over 'mana points', which are little glowing orbs (thing 444). Like Spice Zdoom it only had a limited release then died. Pity really, i was planning on a Total Anniahlation TC if it was developed more, but it was not to be

deathbringer said:

Because this bloke cant speak english properly,

As long as You understand the information he sends to You it doesn't matter. Languages are for communication and if one understands the other person all's fine.

deathbringer said:

Because this bloke cant speak english properly, i'll say that Doomwars is a port of Legacy (an old version of legacy) which allows the player to create friendly monsters using 'mana', which is collected from mana points. These friendly monsters then either fight other monsters in single player, or the other player's army of monsters in multiplayer. You collect more mana by standing over 'mana points', which are little glowing orbs (thing 444). Like Spice Zdoom it only had a limited release then died. Pity really, i was planning on a Total Anniahlation TC if it was developed more, but it was not to be

Doomwars is actually a port of ZDoom, IIRC. I do suppose it could be Legacy, though.

Regardless of were it came from it would be fun i think.
Or maybe even a total Doom RTS? Sounds like a wacky take on things.
I thought it was cool to use bots in Zdoom also.
WAIT! what about this? You and your opposition(real or AI) go through a slige type level (not at the same time mind you) and rack up points. YOu get more points from using weaker guns, and have like a ten minute limit. when thats over you get to buy your army and then let them kill each other. You could have the monsters attack,ambush, defend.. it would be cool.