Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Scaling in Zdoom...

is it at all possible? I'm told it is. I've got some fantastic monster sprites that I need to scale down, as they are simply too big.

Is there a wad someone has made that has the Zdoom scaling feature?

Welcome back, LR. I wondered what had happened to you. In my PMs to you I had mentioned the sprite scaling stuff using DeHacked. As Nmn has pointed out, the newest version of ZDooM also supports sprite scaling via the DECORATE feature.

Do you have all of our discussions regarding the story-line and the hub system that we'd envisioned?

ShaneAmp said:

it's to bad weapon scaling wasnt implemented though...

I'm guessing you're referring to HUD weapons. Because the weapons sprites themselves can be scaled just like other sprites.

ive tried that though, both in the same dehacked patch i scaled a trooper up and a weapon up, then when i loaded it, the trooper was larger and the weapon wasnt. DO you have to do something a little different? I was told you cant scale them by a few people.

I've not tried scaling up, but I've gotten it to work scaling down. It should work both ways, so I'm not sure why you're having a problem.

ok, does this look right:

Weapon 2 (Shotgun)
Ammo type = 1
scale = 0.5

obviously if it's worked for you, then im doing something wrong. This doesnt work, and i know sprites can be scaled up, so you would think weapons could to.

Scale 0.5 is half scale

To scale up use values higher than 1.

Scale = 2 for instance.

ive tried that to, that was just an example there, because im told they can be scaled down. Im just asking if that looks right in order to make the scale work?

You have to use the Thing number, not the weapon type...

i.e.:

#Huge Clip
Thing 64 (Ammo Clip)
Scale = 5.0

#Half-sized Shotgun
Thing 78 (Shotgun)
Scale = 0.5

This doesnt work either. Its weird to, because ive looked through some wads, and seen the scale being used for a weapon, copied it exactly and that still doesnt work. ?!?!?!?!?

are you talking about the HUD weapon or a weapon sitting in the ground? Because HUD weapons cannot currently be scaled, but weapons sitting on the ground can be (as Rex already said).

I think me has an idea..
WTF is the name of Your lump that You put this stuff into? It should be named DEHACKED, inside Your wad. Plus only few ports support wad-embeeded Dehackeds.
Test with Zdoom :)

Yeah i meant hud weapons, i thought they couldnt be scaled, thats what ive been told, so i guess not then. So its not possible, even with scripting? Maybe someday....