Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

lamest monster

what do you think is the lamest monster design in D3?

I say the ticks. With the wraiths coming in close behind. this is in terms of design.

What are ya talking about. The tick was better then the trite. Though I love the wraith they really did a shitty job on his skin. The unskinned version found in the 2003 video looked better

You spelled 'lamest' wrong.
And all the monsters are cool. Quit bitching, you retards.

All the monsters are cool, but yeah, the tick is rather superfluous, considering we have the trite. They should have added the arachnotron instead.

I'm not bitching! Lamest implies your least favorite. make a list of the baddies from best to least. the one on the bottom would be considered the lamest. and although I think the wraith is one of those I got to admite those skin webings on it's arms are pretty cool.

I liked the Wraith. It had a sort of predatorial dominance about it. If it was stronger, slightly faster and a bit bigger, it'd have been even better. Still, I think it was a good monster.

Relica Religia said:

I liked the Wraith. It had a sort of predatorial dominance about it. If it was stronger, slightly faster and a bit bigger, it'd have been even better. Still, I think it was a good monster.

I think it's cool... looks like some kind of flightless demonic bat.

The cherubs are probably the lamest.

What was the original plan? IIRC, to make cherubs summen "mental" demons that attack you. I guess they decided that they didn't have enough monsters that leaps at you.

Ticks. Why would they put two almost identical creatures in one game? Wraiths suck too. Poor design, they add nothing to the game.

I preferred the Wraiths to the Maggots. (Maggots are the 2 headed things). Wraiths could do everything the maggots could do, and they also have the ability to teleport around and confuse you.

AirRaid said:

I preferred the Wraiths to the Maggots. (Maggots are the 2 headed things). Wraiths could do everything the maggots could do, and they also have the ability to teleport around and confuse you.

MAn I love the maggot more then the wraith. Maggots are just plain demonic looking fuckers. Whats cooler then a two headed crawling monster with snake toungs? I think I like the wraith just for the reason I like the idea of a demonic bat in Doom. That said I would have liked it if that end movie betruger monster was a in game monster. Would have been bad ass!

I could barely tell the difference between the Wriths and the maggots...

all the sterotype ultra predictable zombies that didnt have guns were lame. the former Z-sec were cool though

I loved the cherubs, but hated their attack, there should have been something mroe creative in attacks rather than just leaping out at you.

The maggot seemed the most cartoony, and didn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the gang. He almost looks like he came out of a different game entirely.

Technician said:

Of course the barrons of hell arn't as scary in Doom 3. Because there isn't any in the game.

pffffffffffff, hell knight then
got used to say baron of hell since I played a lot of doom 2 more than doom 1...
the most general enemy of the bigger ones were the baron of hell :O

The Ticks. Wtf was the deal supposed to be with them anyway? We've got Trites, why have a completely identical enemy with a slightly different appearance and different (lamer) sound?

What about some more ranged attackers btw? The melee enemies are cool, there's just too many of them.

dsm said:

The Ticks

Yeah! And the fact that they were used only once (iirc) doesn't work to their advantage.

Black Hand said:

BLASPHOMY! You will burn in hell Wobbo!!!

heh

*plays heretic theme*

damn now im all nostalgic and whatnot...

*Plays heretic*

Lectrix said:

Yes Tick is quite lame. They should have made them super fast and always be in large numbers.

They are.....

I just wish they would have used them more. I only remember fighting them once after Hell.