Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Doom 2 retexturing with Jdoom

I downloaded the retexturing project for Jdoom (Doom 2) and the zip just contained a bunch of pictures of the new hi-res textures. What do I do with these pictures? Are they there for show or do I put them in a directory of Jdoom?

It's certainly not mentioned in the FAQ linked directly on the retexturing project download page. Nope, not at all.

Here's where some people break down crying - the folder isn't already there for you to put the textures in. You need - and this is hard - to CREATE the folder yourself.

It's a big leap, but you can do it, Billy!

They don't include a text file in the package that tells you? If they didn't, well that's not too bright. :)

chilvence helped me with this before, When you get them to work, Most of them look pretty good! I had to manually install all the textures i have now, but it really adds to the feel of the game. This with the 3d models... It gets better and better.
Look at the Doomsday texture thread and chilvence explaied how to get them working well. You need to put them in the \Doomsday\Data\jDoom\textures folder

They don't include a text file in the package that tells you? If they didn't, well that's not too bright. :)

thats because of with the jdtp you dont need to have a textures folder.

Make sure in Kickstart you dont have anything clicked like 'Disable high res textures'
And when you are playing go to the control panel and go to Graphics, and make sure they are enabled. Worst case problem you have to use the commandline '-texdir' followed by the folder location were the textures are. this messes up the particles sometimes...
Also are ya using Doomsday 1.81?
thats what i use and its works well.

Also are ya using Doomsday 1.81?
thats what i use and its works well.

you should get version 1.8.2 it fixes the small bugs that poped up in 1.8.1

Relica Religia said:

Here's where some people break down crying - the folder isn't already there for you to put the textures in. You need - and this is hard - to CREATE the folder yourself.

It's a big leap, but you can do it, Billy!

Be real.

Relica Religia said:

Yeah, the Retex Project is obsolete; the JDTP is going to kick a lot more ass.

Could be a number of reasons;

1: Linux (D2RP doesnt work right on it)

2: Running a pwad with custom textures; add -pwadtex to the command line

3: Act of God

4: I dont know