Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

Wintex windows

I am making myhouse.wad and am in need of how to make transparent textures. I try to use the cyan, but when I import the patch, it turns the bitmap areas where it is cyan, into yellow. How can I prevent this color changing from happening?

BTW I am using it for a window, where you shoot it and it brakes, like in Eternal Doom 3 map 31.

Oh and btw, I figured out how they made those instant floor drops and stuff in Eternal Doom 3 ... good for me! (Or should I say, instant floor raises, if you know what I mean ... )

And I'm not gonna yoink the window textures from any other wads!

It seems Your bmp texture You want to import is either not 256 coloured (8-bit) or it doesn't have the Doom pallette applied onto it.
Instructions for PSP:

1.get the pallette, by opening any graphic extracted from the iwad. Once opened notice the graphic has it's pallette. Save it via colors->save pallette xxx.pal

2.open Your texture and apply the pallette You saved as xxx.pal by colors->load pallette. Save bmp. You're all set.

Well now I'm having trouble making a window ... actually, the window is done, complete with the 'floor: raise to lowest ceiling' trick that actually lowers the floor instantly.

But when you see the unbroken glass texture, where it should be clear, it is black. However, once you shoot it, the broken glass texture you see behind it is how it should be: clear.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the unbroken texture is a below texture, and the broken texture is a main texture.

Is this the problem (I'm 94.67% sure it is), and how could I fix it?

And if anyone needs me to upload the file, I'll do so.

Above/below textures will never be transparent and as You can tell, where You should see-trough them, they will be solid black.
Use transparents only as main textures (middle).

ok then thanks :)

i might need something more ... right now I'm trying to figure out how to use both as main textures but I have an idea, so I'm gonna go try it out and be back later 2nite (cos i might go play vice city or poker or something after I'm done with the window ... )