Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

ICD-Lizard Final Revision Released!

That's right! I have revised ICD-Lizard and it's now available for release!

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

I got rid of a few guns, fixed up and tweaked most of the DDF files. Check the ICD-Lizard page for some details and then go download it!

I hope to get this mod and Lizardwar uploaded to some FTP site sometime later...

Enjoy!

EDIT: Please tell me what you think of the revision. Thanks!

I can't download it, Geocities is being gay and saying "site temporarily unavailible" dammit!

I'll get right on that. Schoolwork has kept me sorta busy lately, otherwise I would have done it sooner. They'll be uploaded by the end of today, though.

Crap! I made a serious mistake! I'm sorry!

There were some stuff missing in that wadfile! There were supposed to be some spawn points for cyborg Lizards and one more of the guns! Damn! I'm trying to get a fixed up version right now!

EDIT: Ok, the new file's up now. If anyone downloaded the mod prior to yesterday or at least 10PM Pacific Time, delete it and get the new one. Sorry for the mishap.

It's a good effort, but as I've said time and time again about Lizard war, I think you should spend a little more time with perspective and scale.

I don't have a problem with the graphics, because it was clearly the style you were aiming for. However, the guns need work so that they point towards the center into the distance. Some guns also seem really large (Socom, Desert Eagle) I know the DE is a big gun, but it's enormous! I think some of your later guns look more perspective acurate, but alot (the mp5 and the heavy chaingun in particular) are very off and look like they're just pointing up in the air.

http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/weapons/tutorials/tutorials.htm I'm sure you've read it before, but try draing all your things from a centralized point. Start with a 320 x 200 image, and put a red dot in the middle, and make sure that all the gun's angles come from that vanishing point.

I've looked over your tutorials several times and I have tried to follow them, but I still have some trouble lining things up correctly... Boy I feel dumb saying that. I can't even follow some simple tutorial. :/ I knew I shoulda stuck with the Wolfenstein 3D view for most of the guns.

When I look back at all the work I've done for this thing, I think I admire my enemy/buddy sprites the most.

EDIT: Adding on to the whole weapons sprites thing, I actually had to draw all these guns from memory (As in remembering what the gun looks like in a game, a movie, etc.) I did have an Airsoft version of the Desert Eagle, and I tried to draw it on Paint, using my hand and Airsoft gun as the model. The one you see in the game is my "best attempt". I bet you can only imagine how horrible my first attempts were. :p

Google is your best friend. Google up some images of the guns you're looking to draw. It's always a good way to go. You can usually find all the views (front, side, back) of any gun in the image search.

And try the Vanish point method I mentioned. It's not in my tutorial (There's not much help in it for perspective) Drawing the center dot in a full screen sized image and dragging lines from the center will help emmensely. I still do that today, and you just erase the overdraw lines.

Scuba Steve said:

It's a good effort, but as I've said time and time again about Lizard war, I think you should spend a little more time with perspective and scale.

I don't have a problem with the graphics, because it was clearly the style you were aiming for. However, the guns need work so that they point towards the center into the distance. Some guns also seem really large (Socom, Desert Eagle) I know the DE is a big gun, but it's enormous! I think some of your later guns look more perspective acurate, but alot (the mp5 and the heavy chaingun in particular) are very off and look like they're just pointing up in the air.

http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/weapons/tutorials/tutorials.htm I'm sure you've read it before, but try draing all your things from a centralized point. Start with a 320 x 200 image, and put a red dot in the middle, and make sure that all the gun's angles come from that vanishing point.

You are my star in the sky, Scuba. Thanks a lot!