Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupremeGeneral

Possible DooM III Expansion Game!

Disclaimer: Sorry if this was already mentioned; I searched and didnt find similar tales. Being said:

Who ever knew that the most mysterious..... and different Doom game could bear the secrets to the Doom III expansion pack-game?!?!

As we know, Doom III ends with "our hero" being found by a rescue team somewhere on the base. Nobody else was found alive and it appears that except for the bodies, blood, trashed colony, and other fuck-ups, everything is quiet...

Remember Doom64? If you don't, heres the storyline regarding it via the Doomworld Archives:

"The story so far
The past...
Your fatigue was enormous, the price for encountering pure evil. Hell was a place no mortal was meant to experience. Stupid military doctors: their tests and treatments, were of little help. In the end, what did it matter - it was all classified and sealed. The nightmares continued. Demons, so many Demons; relentless, pouring through. (EDIT: DOOM THREE'S PLOT AND TIMEFRAME)

Far Away...

The planetary policy was clear. An absolute quarantine was guaranteed by apocalyptic levels of radiation. The empty dark corridors stand motionless, abandoned. The installations sealed.(EDIT: AFTER THE DOOMGUY AND RESCUE FORCE REPORT BACK TO EARTH)

The Present...
A long forgotten relay satellite barely executing, decayed by years of bombarding neutrons, activates sand sends its final message to Earth. The satellites message was horrific, from the planetary void there came energy singnatures unlike anything sampled before.
(HEH HEH HEH, POTENTIAL EXPANSION EPISODE???!??)

The classified archives are opened. The military episodes code named "DOOM" were not actually competed. A single entity with vast rejuvenation powers, masked by the extreme radiation levels, escaped detection. In this crippled state, it systematically altered decaying dead carnage back into corrupted living tissue.

The mutations are devastating. The Demons have returned even stronger and more vicious than before. As the only experienced survivor of the DOOM episode, your commission is re-activated. Your assignment is clear: MERCILESS EXTERMINATION. "

Now lets examine the plot for a sec. You walk into the base when experiments and medical concerns are underway regarding the teleportation experiments. By the end of the game, the aquired PDA's showed a level of "Area 51-ish" policy taken by the base facilities and managment, including Toxic Waste facilities and Teleportation Technologies. Now, heres my thoughts on what COULD be a potential plot based on Doom64:

After you're rescued and debriefed, and sending the full knowledge of the events back home, Earth sends back a message: "Lock it up". So I believe the expansion pack goes from:

A post-rescue scene, taking off after the sighting of the Doomguy. Then, it shows them
A: walking to a van en-route to another part of the Mars base
OR
B: to a hanger en-route to the ship(s) they came in;

Then a debriefing scene, then to a short "We hear ya heres the orders" scene back on Earth...

THEN. It shows the workmen working, then the lockdown of the Mars base, then the classic "three weeks later" screen as the lights all go out.

They either drive to another Mars base (other bases were mentioned throughout the game); or on a ship headed to Earth.

Either more bases are built, or as the plot says, a satelite gives off a message, and interest is back.

The game starts with you going back to the Mars base to see either two things:

GamePlot # 1: If the base is clear and empty
GamePlot # 2: What the wierd signals were all about.

That's all I can think about for now; thoughts arw welcome...

Darkhaven: Its not a mod, just my thoughts on the official id-sanctioned expansion game to come out in "???"

Relica: No, just the possibility that id or activision or whoever the heck is working on the expansion may use the plot

If it weren't for Q4, i'd love to see Raven Software have a tinker with a D3 Expansion.

Just a qestion: Who will make this? (if ever)
id did say it is not goin to continue the Doom story...