Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helzwind01

still tryin to take screenshots

hey guys, i know i was told to use f12 to take a screenshot and i saw in the controls menu where it is set so thanks for the help. i also read in some places to use the print screen key. however, when i play, i press the f12 key and the screen pauses for a split second i guess to let me know that it took a screenshot but when i'm done playing i can't find the screenshots. i'm using my friends comp and i'cve looked in the doom3 folder and can't find em anywhere. would it have anything to do with the fact that it's not installed into the default c:\programfiles\blahblah?
again, i appreciate all the help i've recieved thus far, i just want to take some nice screenshots so i can share em. it's such a great game! thanx again

oi again, saved by you. now that you mention it i saw the base folder but there was no screenshots folder in it.i apologize, i'm at work and can't tryi it out right now but do you think that if i create the sceenshots folder in it i will be able to take and view screenshots successfully? thanx for your help darkstalker.

If there isn't a screenshots folder in your base directory, Doom3 will create one when you press 'F12'. You should check your configuration if the screenshot button is binded to 'F12'. You can also check in the console after taking a screenshot if it was saved. It should say something similar to 'Wrote screenshots/shot00001.tga'. If you can see that message but still can't find it in the base/screenshots directory, try searching your computer for the name of the screenshot (ie shot00001.tga).

as above.

also doom3 saves as TGA, i dont know if windows by itself can read TGA images. IE i dont think will open them. however any photo editing/view software should. think photoshop, gimp, etc.

unless you somehow un-bound F12 you should have no issues with screen shots