Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

Super Sonic Screenies - part 11

I looked at your page, but I can't really tell for myself; what does this have to do with Sonic, apart from the Zone idea, and item boxes?

I'm curious, as a rabid Sonic fanboy, you see... ;)

This has a about as much Sonic the Hedgehog as Zoom has cars.

Basically it is a Doom megawad inspired by some of the gameplay and design elements in Super Sonic.

He HAS been making a lot of bug fixes recently. If I were Randy, (Erm, that sounded wrong) then I would do bug fixing last and adding everything else first. I'm confident that .64 is going to be released soon.

Jayextee said:

I looked at your page, but I can't really tell for myself; what does this have to do with Sonic, apart from the Zone idea, and item boxes?

I'm curious, as a rabid Sonic fanboy, you see... ;)

It's a hybrid of the two - Sonic zones/acts/bosses, some gameplay features (springs etc.) and music/sounds but with DooM gameplay, (monsters etc.) graphics and storyline.

cyber-menace said:

At this rate you'll be done by 2005!

That's the idea (ho ho ho), but only if I can keep it up...

Riiiight. Well, I just wondered. Being as I am the aforementioned rabid Sonic fanboy (And how!), I was playing around with ideas of how to do a Sonic-style game within the Doom engine (Via one of the ports), so I've been looking at some stuff. I know of SRB2's existence, but I personally want to make something myself. Not yet, of course, I've got this pile of crap to finish*. But something Sonic-related is on my to-do list, not necessarily Doom-based, either.

[*; Yes, I'm rapidly getting sick of my own work on this. I think I'll can it]

Anyways, I guess I may take a look one day ;)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

(ho ho ho)

I'd guess that's a big hint as to the release date, eh? Christmas 2004, perhaps?

The idea's a good one, but it's too much like Doom (let me explain).

Sonic games were always bright and full of colour, unlike Doom. The standard Doom pallette is too...too blah and brown...

WildWeasel said:

I'd guess that's a big hint as to the release date, eh? Christmas 2004, perhaps?

Well, it is my traditional release date for wads...

charris said:

The idea's a good one, but it's too much like Doom (let me explain).

Sonic games were always bright and full of colour, unlike Doom. The standard Doom pallette is too...too blah and brown...

There are some bright zones in it. (and dark ones too, of course)