Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdkgazza

doom3's last monster

hi can anyone tell me how to kill the monster at the end of doom3(well i think its the last one).please "HELP" me

First of all, please notice that these are the Classic Doom forums. Look above these for the Doom 3 forums. Doom 3 forums are for Doom 3 posts, and Classic Doom forums are for Classic Doom posts.

Anyways, You have to kill the monsters running around after you while the cyberdemon stomps around to charge up your soul cube and use it 3 (?) times on the CyberDemon to kill it. Wallah. That wasn't so tough, now was it?

AgentSpork said:

First of all, please notice that these are the Classic Doom forums. Look above these for the Doom 3 forums. Doom 3 forums are for Doom 3 posts, and Classic Doom forums are for Classic Doom posts.

Anyways, You have to kill the monsters running around after you while the cyberdemon stomps around to charge up your soul cube and use it 3 (?) times on the CyberDemon to kill it. Wallah. That wasn't so tough, now was it?

4 times. And you mean "voila".

AgentSpork said:

wasnt soo tought?????
a freeking missile killed you instantly!!!
wish they had removed the goodamn stamina thing, wich is VERY needed in that map o_O

Master Cilander said:

Is the cyberdemon as tough as in the older Dooms?

Not at all.

The cyber demon is easy and boring. I spent about 10 minutes just running around and waiting for monsters to pop up. Meanwhile the cyberdemon kept going back and forth as if it didn't know which way to go. They definitely should have re-thought that level.

Ive heard about a Mod at Gamespot that makes the cyberdemon defeatable with any weapon and also increases his HP to 10,000[as oppose to the default 4000].Ill try to find it.

Personally I would've liked to have fought the new cyberdemon in a MASSIVE open area with giant boulders and pillars everywhere, with no other monsters and me having nothing but rockets, ammo up the wazoo, and the demon having about 10 minutes worth of fight in him.

Master Cilander said:

Is the cyberdemon as tough as in the older Dooms?

not at all. I found it rather easy to kill compared to the original. the gaurdian boss was much better.

I killed both the Guardian and the Cyberdemon on my second try. First time for both I claim to have lost purely because my jaw was on the floor for too long.

I know they hate it when u revive an old thread, but I'm pretty sure they'd rather I did this than to start a new one.

How tall do u suppose the new cyberdemon is?

I'm sure someone in here with some technical skills that I lack can find out that the Doomguy is X many pixels tall, assume the Doomguy is around 6 feet, find out the Cyberdemon is X many pixels tall, then do some simple math. Or they could fill in the X's for me and I'll do the math if it's too complicated for them.

You can take a look at the cyberdemon's and player's def files to see their bounding-box dimensions and figure it out from there.

that fight would have been fine if they would let harder monsters spawn... or let all types of monsters spawn instead of only imps, wraiths, and maggots.

Darkbolt said:

Tentacle commandos would be perfect... cept they dont charge the soulcube (at least i dont think so..)

They do charge the soul cube. When you return from Hell, you encounter a bunch of Commandos (tetacle and chaingun) and they're predominantly the ones that charge the soulcube so I can wack the archviles with it.
But they'd seem out of place at the Hell hole because they're made from marines. Some pinkies would be nice at the Hell hole, some cacos too, but personally, I'd prefer that the Cybie himself was more dangerous - like, have him attempt to hit you with splash damage from his rockets.

I think Cybie is way off in his aim. Most of the time his rockets missed me by a mile. If he was just a wee more accurate then it will be a challenge.