Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArmedCanadian

Just a newbish question

In doom 1 the boss is a cyberdemon and in doom 2 the boss is the devil. So my best guess is the cyberdemon in doom 3 ISNT the devil? Its kind of dissapointing, i thought the cyberdemon would turn to be a common enemy later levels.

doom1 final boss is spidermastermind, not cyberdemon.

EDIT: Sorry my mistake, i wanted to edit my post, not reply it! :( I think i need a new mouse (and a new finger, eyes, and so)

quit trying to boost your post count!
why did you quote something you said?

anyways you are right, spider mastermind is the doom1 "boss"

really each episode had its boss, but spider mastermind is the last boss. i thought the spider was a rather easy boss. unless you start the level from scratch. in that case i think he is worse than the cyber demon

Well that still doesnt answer my question, and ok im sorry the boss for the first doom is spidermastermind, i only played a little bit of doom1, some idiot told me it was cyberdemon. So in Doom3 is the cyberdemon the devil or not?

Doom 1 Boss = Spider Mastermind
Doom 2 Boss = Cyberdemon
Doom 3 Boss = Many....

The cyber demon is not the devil. Betruger was possessed by the devil. The only reason I have to say this is because at one point (after hell) he refers to all the demons as "my children." And there's only one person in Hell who can say that.

S1lent said:

Doom 2 Boss = Cyberdemon
Doom 3 Boss = Many....

Okay, one more time.

Doom1 = Spider Mastermind

Doom2 = Icon of Sin

Doom3 = A Cyberdemon

About Betruger being possessed by Satan, yeah I could see that.

S1lent said:

Doom 2 Boss = Cyberdemon
Doom 3 Boss = Many....

The cyber demon is not the devil. Betruger was possessed by the devil. The only reason I have to say this is because at one point (after hell) he refers to all the demons as "my children." And there's only one person in Hell who can say that.

Besides your boss list is messed. How do you know he was possesed. Just because he refurs to the demons as his children doesn't mean he's satan. For the record. I don't think Doom or any other game will use satan as an active character. I mean beat satan, mortal. Yah right. The concepted is too big. Even in games like Diablo and even spawn, they try to stay away from him..

How do you know he was possesed. Just because he refurs to the demons as his children doesn't mean he's satan.

There are e-mails and audio logs from his co-workers that referr to how his attitude changed and he started acting 'like a man, possesed'.

He has a point though. Game developers do try to stay away from referencing Satan. And for a very good reason. It would take an impossible amount of thought, creativity, effort, and perhaps even resources to represent Satan in a satisfactory manor.

I prefer to think that Betruger was simply posessed by hell itself. Or the spirit/energy of hell, if you prefer

Well lets see. Refrences to Satan...

-Hell taking over the UAC
-Demons killing humans and sending them to hell and possessing them with evil spirits
-The name Lost Souls can also make refrence.
-In the beginning, the scientists specifically says. "The Devil does exist...I know... I built his cage."
-Betruger calling the demons "his children" is a clear givaway. No one but satan can call the demons his children.
-The scientists did say that in Hell that there was no concept of time.
-Betruger talked about "devouring your soul" and "burning in hell forever" which is most definitely something Satan would say. A demon would be more along the lines of "Satan will rule you" or "Master will devour you" etc...

It's quite clear who possessed Betruger, especially considering Betruger was the one who let all the demons loose...only Satan would have reason or the power to do that.

I'll just go ahead and point out that in pretty much all literature, Satan, The Devil, and Lucifer are 3 seperate beings.

Kthx.

In other news, just because Bertruger was posessed, does not mean that he was posessed by any particular entity.

"-In the beginning, the scientists specifically says. "The Devil does exist...I know... I built his cage." Considering how they got owned by all the demons its hard to believe that they built the devil's cage.

S1lent said:

-Betruger calling the demons "his children" is a clear givaway. No one but satan can call the demons his children.

Look up Lilith - Adam's FIRST wife and Mother of Demons. She is more widely known in Judaism. The Vatican is quite familiar with her, as well. They possess Biblical texts that are "off limits" to the laity. There are many other demons whom spawn other demons.

Bertuger is known as THE Maledict. Maledict means accursed/one that has been cursed and comes from the Latin Maleducitus. Berturger/The Maledict is more likely a higher order demon like Behemoth and Beelzebuth.

Yeah the concept of Hell's ruling class is often perceived wrong by the general public, and most fans. There are many powerful demons that rule hell and can take possession of humans. It's not just the devil, really "the devil" is just kind of a play name. Lucifer, Satan and Beelzebub are actual beings with references in the texts of today's religions. "Devil" is basically just a adjective, a descriptive word, it's not a single being. Lucifer, if I'm not mistaken, is the angel that was banished from Heaven to the underworld (Hell) and so Lucifer is the big badass, top of the ladder. The other demons fall under him, although it's beyond my knowledge whether they are also fallen angels or seperate beings. All that's "obvious" about Betruger is that he is possessed, and that the demon that possesses him is rather powerful. That doesn't mean it's Satan or any other particular demon, and I seriously doubt that it's Lucifer himself.

If you want to argue that Betruger is not possessed, I have just one question. Why would all these lesser demons follow a mere human? Do they think he's cool or something, or are they impressed by how "bad" he is? He's still just a human. He has to be possessed by something that has some authority over the lesser demons. Thinking of how powerful the cyberdemon is, I'd say the demon that possesses Betruger is pretty badass because he commands the cyberdemon. He calls the demons "his children" because he is commanding them. Keep in mind, these aren't all the demons in Hell, they're just a particular group of demons he was given command of to try to take over the base, and eventually Earth. A Squadron Commander in the Air Force might refer to members of his squadron as "my troops", but that doesn't mean he's the President, who is in command of All of the armed forces.

Really the only reference to Satan in the game is when the scientist in the beginning says "...the Devil is real. I know... I built his cage." (If you're going to quote something, quote it) And the storage locker # 666. All the other stuff that S1lent is mentioning are references to Hell, not to Satan. There are religions that believe in the concept of Hell, but not a devil or Satan. All those things are references to Hell. As for Betruger saying stuff like "Your soul will burn in Hell." Well that doesn't refer to Satan, or suggest that he's possessed by Satan. All that suggests is that Betruger knows what will happen to you in Hell. Satan isn't the only one who knows that... we all know that don't we? "Lost Souls" I would think is more of a reference to Purgatory, if you believe in it.

Solid post Airman. There are other demons who are fallen angels. Those who sided w/Lucifer were all banished and became demons subservient to Lucifer. There are also other demons whom are fallen angels. They were banished for other infractions. Bertruger is clearly possessed, but he is not Satan/Shaitan.

Bosses:

Doom 1 E1: Two Barons of Hell
Doom 1 E2: Cyberdemon
Doom 1 E3/4: Spider Mastermind
Doom 2: Icon of Sin/Baphomet/Whatever you cant to call it.
Doom 3: Cyberdemon
Doom 3 ROE: Betruger inside the Maledict.

S1lent said:

Well lets see. Refrences to Satan...

-Hell taking over the UAC
-Demons killing humans and sending them to hell and possessing them with evil spirits
-The name Lost Souls can also make refrence.
-In the beginning, the scientists specifically says. "The Devil does exist...I know... I built his cage."
-The scientists did say that in Hell that there was no concept of time.
-Betruger talked about "devouring your soul" and "burning in hell forever" which is most definitely something Satan would say. A demon would be more along the lines of "Satan will rule you" or "Master will devour you" etc...

Let's try referances to God!

-Satan is a captive of Hell and Hell is said to be inescapable, but God is omnipotent
-God and Jesus alone decide who goes to Hell
-Lost souls are those in Pergatory - unleashed to earn their wings perhaps
-He might have seen a terrible, powerful being and assumed it to be The Devil
-The scintist is wrong; Hell is everlasting (spans time), it is God who is timeles(lives outside of time)
-All though Satan holds contempt to all creation, Satan is in no position to judge or act upon anyone

As for being the parent of Demons, God created this unruly bunch to kick the crap out of wrong doers in Hell while they burn.

Conclusion; God is pissed off at UAC for using Mixom bolts instead of the VASTLY superior Moxim ones. His wrath is unleashed.

Janderson said:

Conclusion; God is pissed off at UAC for using Mixom bolts instead of the VASTLY superior Moxim ones. His wrath is unleashed.

Legendary.