Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Evidence that Romero did E1M4 (?)

I was browsing the internet and stumbled across this site:

http://www.loonygames.com/content/1.11/feat/

It´s an interview with Romero and if you scroll down a bit, he´s talking about swastika symbols he hid in games as early as Keen5 and...Doom E1M4. Does that mean, Romero actually did E1M4 or at least participated in it? I always thought E1M4 was done by Hall/Petersen...

Tom Hall did the layout for many Doom1 maps, but they were all heavily changed. Romero takes credit for E1 because he made all the changes to those levels, plus the ones he made from scratch are in there but he did not do E1M9.

Use3D said:

Tom Hall did the layout for many Doom1 maps, but they were all heavily changed. Romero takes credit for E1 because he made all the changes to those levels, plus the ones he made from scratch are in there but he did not do E1M9.

I think you´re wrong. AFAIK, Romero did E1M1, E1M2, E1M3, E1M5, E1M6, E1M7 and E1M9 from scratch. E1M8 was done partly by Hall, partly by Petersen. The question is, if E1M4 was only created by Hall/Petersen or if Romero also participated in the map, adding the swastika as stated in the interview, for example.