Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon Hunter

What is the strangest CD you ever bought?

What is the most odd cd any of you have ever purchased? For me it would this new genre of music called noise metal. It was pretty much an assortment of sounds made by some guy screaming while someone else threw a steel garbage cans of the roof of a building, while someone else was using a vacume cleaner in and a jackhammer at the same time.

Autechre - Chiastic Slide

Bought it when I was 14 years old and it radically changed my concept of music.

^BWA HA HA HAAAA^
Myself:

Wyclef Jean
The Carnival

Grandaddy
(some rare CD that had song names like "Kim You Bore Me To Death")

Both ended up being kind of cool.

chopkinsca said:

Limp Bizket (or however the fuck they spell it). It was my first CD because I am a music newbie. I regret making that choice.

how is limp bizkit "strange"? 3 dollar bill y'all i assume? There was one good song on that cd i thought...but that was a long time ago.

mine?
prototype 909 - acid technology

Fleetwood Mac - The Dream

I wasn't expecting hardcore blues from them. This was some of their VERY early work. Unedited recordings and the audiences to boot. It's awesome.

The strangest albums I have are from friends (Sigh's Scenario IV: Dread Dreams is the most unpredictable and disjointed yet, with some Argyle Park and Finntroll tracks following close behind). As for my actual purchases... dunno, there's too many to look through now, however I don't typically buy strange albums so some of the Weird Al discs probably qualify. Unless spoken word or skit CDs count, in which case some of the Monty Python remasters probably qualify as well.

Coopersville said:

But I came across this one album by a band known as Mr.Bungle and it had some weird tunes.

Mr Bungle FUCKING RULES. I reccommend you all download 'My Ass is on FIre'

i once went to the store and saw a CD from a band called "TDK" the album was "CD-R" it was only $15 dollars for a 10CD set. so i knew this was a great deal. however when i got home i found out there was nothing on any of the CD's. then i thought "maybe this is that new age japanese noise rock?"

then i asked a friend about it. he said i had to put music on the CD's. so this TDK band sounds sweet i can choose which of their songs i want on the CD and in which order. however the bastards are a bit tricky about it. i cant find anything about this TDK band

My old girlfriend liked Mr Bungle..

Anyway, i got one called "Short Sharp Shock" by Chaos UK a while back. Its a cross of crappy 'hardcore' punk, where you cant understand the words, they sing way too fast and the music is really grotty and shitty, the cover makes you think it would be 70's punk, but it was actually only made a few years ago, so its kind of a blend of all 3 decades of punk, taking the worst bits from each

You can't actually buy it (Nintendo Power promo CD) but the Eternal Darkness soundtrack is pretty weird . . .

costes is good. mr. bungle is good. autechre is good. sigh is good. finntroll is good. grandaddy is good. i dunno how strange some of them are, though. what was the noise cd you bought, demon hunter?

Naked City - torture garden / TENG TCH'E

Bought during my short-lived grindcore phase. Double album; the first disk is typical Naked City, which means it has about 40 tracks and 100 genres represented. Most songs switch genres about 4-5 times randomly, although some of the better tracks do so far more often... The second CD is a single, 30 minute song, mainly droning guitars, haphazard durms, and some occasional yelling if I remember correctly... Can't say I listen to that one very often.

Naked City is one of John Zorn's many projects; he's some kind of avant-garde jazz artiste or something. He has some type of connection to Mike Patton (Mr Bungle). I guess the two bands have a similar theory, but Naked City is far harsher.

david_a said:

Naked City is one of John Zorn's many projects; he's some kind of avant-garde jazz artiste or something. He has some type of connection to Mike Patton (Mr Bungle). I guess the two bands have a similar theory, but Naked City is far harsher.

Harsher sounding maybe, but Bungle has Naked City beat as far as pure raunchiness goes. John Zorn helped produce Mr Bungle's first album.

Szymanski said:

Onyx - Bacdafucup

Haha, I had that at some point. Must be like 7 or 8 years ago.

Sephiroth said:

i once went to the store and saw a CD from a band called "TDK" the album was "CD-R" it was only $15 dollars for a 10CD set. so i knew this was a great deal. however when i got home i found out there was nothing on any of the CD's. then i thought "maybe this is that new age japanese noise rock?"

then i asked a friend about it. he said i had to put music on the CD's. so this TDK band sounds sweet i can choose which of their songs i want on the CD and in which order. however the bastards are a bit tricky about it. i cant find anything about this TDK band

Check out Mr. Bungle's cover of Existential Blues they combine with Pencil Neck geek. I still prefer T-Bone Stankus's original version of Existential Blues but Mr. Bungle's is cool.