Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Making good-looking angled weapons with Paint

Go go shitty muzzle flash!

Oh, BTW, how would I make a white background transparent like the paintpistol of doom?

Bashe said:

Oh, BTW, how would I make a white background transparent like the paintpistol of doom?

The transparent color for the doom pallete is cyan. (that' the light bright blue color, right?)

I don't mean Doom transparent, I mean real transparent (like if you posted an avatar, it doesn't have a background transparent).

Aw, Photoshop is being an ass. I erased the white background and then when I went to save, I couldn't only save in like 3 formats. WTF? Is it possbile to do it with anything else?

Lizardcommando said:

The transparent color for the doom pallete is cyan. (that' the light bright blue color, right?)

ARRRRRG NO IT IS NOT THERE IS NO CYAN IN THE DOOM PALETTE!!!

I played around a bit and this is what happened.

My (pathetic) SSG's flare went from this...

...to this!

Thanks Steve.

Bashe said:

I played around a bit and this is what happened.

My (pathetic) SSG's flare went from this...

...to this!

Thanks Steve.

Is it shooting out a crab of some sort?

freewebs.com/bashe/graficks.wad]*Cough*

I made an update. It now has a different pistol noise and I made the Cacodemon doomaddict's head! I also provided sound effects for him and made a new Caco fireball to suit doomaddict (heh).

Oh, and I just added a new HELP screen that...uh..."thanks" a certain someone. :)

Now there's a DeHackEd patch in there that makes the machine gun shoot faster for more realism?

Jonathan said:

couple of hours work in paint, using a cs sshot as a reference:

Thank you!

And the rest of you... ARGH!!! Does anyone else even bother to put more than 3 minutes of work into their drawing!!!???

No wonder most Projects suck/never finish/suck.

Give me feedback, Scuba.

EDIT: Jonathan, sweet weapon!
Shitty weapons-agree with Scuba.

Scuba Steve said:

And the rest of you... ARGH!!! Does anyone else even bother to put more than 3 minutes of work into their drawing!!!???

No wonder most Projects suck/never finish/suck.

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THE PAINTSTOL

Nmn said:

Give me feedback, Scuba.

It's nice, but I think the framecount is a bit low for what you're trying to accomplish. You're going from one side of the screen to the other in like 3 frames and it looks very choppy. Also the other side of the screen when he cocks it is tilted at a weird angle for the perspective. Try holding an imaginary shotgun and do what he is, It's not very feasable. I think it would look better if you eliminated the center image, and had him reload it on the same side he's holding it. Or at the very least, you could add two more animation frames, one before and after the center frame. The bonus of animated frames rather than the stationary is that you can cheapen it because the player will never notice a weaker looking image flashed for a short period of time.

Scuba Dave, I'm really impressed by your tutorials and I love them all. You have taught me a lot about computer art, especially when there is almost no tutorials about using Paint from what I have known. I was wondering if you will put up other kinds of tutorials on making skins/characters and other objects

I would make an animated gif of my weapon but I don't konw how dammit! I've tried things before...

999cop said:

Scuba Dave

NOW HONESTLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I MEAN JESUS CHRIST JUST NO.

Http://zarkyb.mancubus.net/dpa/scubasteve.jpg

DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A DAVE TO YOU!?!!?!?!!?!1/1/1/1/1/1/
!?!/!/1/11/!/!/

I don't know why I keep making updates but I do.

What the hell is wrong with you, Bashe?! Maybe 999cop was joking? Or maybe it was just a simple mistake?! There's no need to overreact.

Anyways, regarding the subject about MSPaint weapons, I at least try to put some effort into my guns, really I do!

Lizardcommando said:

What the hell is wrong with you, Bashe?!

He's just being himself.
Simple.
Q: What makes a forum suck?
A: Bashe's membership.
That's a hard fact, jack. We gotta get over it..

Nmn said:

He's just being himself.
Simple.
Q: What makes a forum suck?
A: Bashe's membership.
That's a hard fact, jack. We gotta get over it..

That was mean... :'(

Heh, I made an update. Now I'm in the Graficks wad! I'm the Cyberdemon. Keep in mind that it looks nothing like me but you can just pretend it's me. I did all the SFX for it. Check it out! It's ghey.