Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

The AP Changes "Boos" to "Ooohs" in Report on Bush and Clinton

Planky said:

What confuses me, is why would they 'boo' that of all things, if they did at all...

Because reporting that makes Bush looks bad no matter what message he's delivering.

i didn't know a bush could speak.... wait are you guys high agian?

i couldn't make sence of the story. mainly because i am high off the painkillers. just got done with having my toe nail removed.

Eh, fellow tries to act (slightly) intelligently for once and gets booed! Those folks definitely wanted much less from him.

Arioch said:

Because reporting that makes Bush looks bad no matter what message he's delivering.

uh, Bush was wishing Clinton well. printing that the crowd booed makes the crowd seem like jerks, not Bush. It pretty much has no reflection on Bush at all.

Anyway it's just a misprint/misinterpretation. AP reports are done over phones and beepers and such, so there's bound to be a screw up once in a while since to err is human and all that jazz. Plus they did go out of their way to correct it which should show you something. This is hardly worth discussing really, everyone is just so polarized right now that they're looking for any little thing to nitpick, no matter how insignificant.

Cyb said:

uh, Bush was wishing Clinton well. printing that the crowd booed makes the crowd seem like jerks, not Bush. It pretty much has no reflection on Bush at all.

The crowd is at a Bush rally. His supporters reflect on himself.

In that case, they were probably just pissed about having to sign a contract pledging their allegiance to the Republican party.

Arioch said:

The crowd is at a Bush rally. His supporters reflect on himself.

even though he SAID that he wishes Clinton well? I think you're reaching a bit here. Bush doesn't have any control over the reaction a crowd has to something he says, and I think pretty much everyone knows that.