Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Hitscan bullet damage

Is it possible to increase the hitscan bullet damage? It seems that it does 10 points of damage, which means 70 with the shotty and 200 with the super.

Is it possible to increase the damage of like punch and bullets?

And with punch, I don't mean "use a berserk pack." I want to know how to increase with like DeHackEd (or Whacked in this case).

Yeah its possible, i remember someone saying a while ago he was able to change damage of all the weapons, even so that a pistol shot can kill, oh say, the cyberdemon in one hit. However i read this a few years ago and i can't remeber what program the guy was using, sorry:(

Only Edge can do this. Dehacked does not allow you to change bullet damage. It's likely that Zdoom .64 will allow you to mdify the bullet damage as well. Using Dehacked, your best bet is to run through a set of invisible firing frames... so that it looks like it's firing one shot, but instead fires say 3. It wastes 3 ammo however.

Scuba Steve said:

Only Edge can do this. Dehacked does not allow you to change bullet damage. It's likely that Zdoom .64 will allow you to mdify the bullet damage as well. Using Dehacked, your best bet is to run through a set of invisible firing frames... so that it looks like it's firing one shot, but instead fires say 3. It wastes 3 ammo however.

Would it be possible to create a new shot command that uses no ammo that can be played after the main shot instead of the main shot multiple times.

...er...no?

I say it without certainty, because you can make the BFG codepointer fire unlimited shots (flagging the unlimited bit gives wacky errors on just about any other firing gun). So MAYBE you could rig the BFG and another gun to do something, but I highly doubt it. I just won't completely rule it out because I've never messed around with it.

Scuba Steve said:

It's likely that Zdoom .64 will allow you to modify the bullet damage as well.

From what I've seen, it will have modifiable weapond damage. MMMM, MDK super shotgun....

Eternity does support it too, with the FireCustomBullets and BulletAttack codepointers. You put the damage per tracer into the frame in one of the argument fields, so each use of the codepointer can do a different amount of damage.

You can make guns which shoot two bullets at almost the same time in Dehacked, but i dont know how. It was done in the dehacked version of Immoral Conduct to make a sniper rifle that fires 10 bullets at once, if you're turning around at the time though, it makes the effect very obvious (you get a tight, but shotgun-like spread). Also that shitty mod "The blessed engine" made the chaingun shoot all 400 bullets at once, which would probably kill a cyberdemon straight away.

deathbringer said:

You can make guns which shoot two bullets at almost the same time in Dehacked, but i dont know how. It was done in the dehacked version of Immoral Conduct to make a sniper rifle that fires 10 bullets at once, if you're turning around at the time though, it makes the effect very obvious (you get a tight, but shotgun-like spread). Also that shitty mod "The blessed engine" made the chaingun shoot all 400 bullets at once, which would probably kill a cyberdemon straight away.

I enjoyed The Sky May Be/The Blessed Engine