Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer87

What's your favorite vacation spot?

a little town called silent hill.
i would say the american southwest, however i want to vist some places in africa, however havnt been there so it can be a favorite now can it

Liverpool. Cuz, let's face it, I'm never gonna leave... *shudders*

Numbermind said:

The shore. Or, as most people call it: Wildwood, NJ.

I'm also a big fan of South Jersey. I go to Stone Harbor every year, which is right up the coast from Wildwood.

Kid Airbag said:

I'm also a big fan of South Jersey. I go to Stone Harbor every year, which is right up the coast from Wildwood.

I think I've been there. Either that or Cape May, someplace my parents would always take us. It would bother me because the beaches weren't that big and always had big chunks of stones/seashells everywhre. When I was a kid we called it "Fraggle Rock" because there were trails leading through the marshes... um, yeah. There was a lighthouse, and there was this exhibit about ships being made out of concrete, and a bunch of other boring stuff.

Cape May Zoo is a great place, although I'm pretty sure it isn't free anymore...

upstate New York.

QUIT COMING TO FLORIDA! IT'S TO CROWDED DOWN HERE WITH ANNOYING TOURISTS AND OLD PEOPLE. BOTH OF WHICH CANNOT DRIVE AND CLOG UP OUT STREETS!

Numbermind said:

I think I've been there. Either that or Cape May, someplace my parents would always take us. It would bother me because the beaches weren't that big and always had big chunks of stones/seashells everywhre. When I was a kid we called it "Fraggle Rock" because there were trails leading through the marshes... um, yeah. There was a lighthouse, and there was this exhibit about ships being made out of concrete, and a bunch of other boring stuff.

That's definitely not Stone Harbor. We wouldn't go back year after year if the beach sucked so much, since the beach is just about the only thing to do there.

Which actually kind of sucks for me, since I hate the ocean and refuse to set one foot in it at all. I still love going there though, since I just get to chill on the beach or else walk into town and get ice cream and shit. It's just a really relaxing week.

Cape May Zoo is a great place, although I'm pretty sure it isn't free anymore...

I went to some sort of zoo when I was there earlier this summer, and we didn't have to pay to get in. There was a donation box, but admission was free. You might be talking about something different, but I'm pretty sure this was the Cape May zoo since we had to drive halfway from Stone Harbor to Cape May to get there.

DooMer87 said:

well, my second favorite place has got to be Holland, Michigan. HOCKEY TOURNAMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe. Just to clear that up, I wasn't directing to towards you specifically.

S1lent said:
QUIT COMING TO FLORIDA! IT'S TO CROWDED DOWN HERE WITH ANNOYING TOURISTS AND OLD PEOPLE. BOTH OF WHICH CANNOT DRIVE AND CLOG UP OUT STREETS!

Stump-jumpin' Jethro used all three of his brain
cells to say:

No no no no! Keep them out of here! We DO NOT want anymore old
folks! If there are any old people listening, go back to your homes!
Florida does not want you! Please, die somewhere else! What's wrong
with Nevada or Kansas? We want a river! We need a river! The freedom
river.

Either Vancouver, or anywhere in the mountains, Lake Crecent especialy. And speaking of annoying vacationers...

Attention Californians: do not vacation or move here to Washington. You won't like it. You'll just complain about how cold it is and how it won't stop raining. You'll do this every opportunity you get and will annoy the fuck out of us Washingtonians. We do not want to hear "but in Cali..." at all. We know. Many of us have been there, and the rest of us have seen it on TV and the movies repeatedly. If you simply MUST come up here, please just keep your mouth shut and save your complaints for your friends and relatives back home. Thanks!

The shore. Or, as most people call it: Wildwood, NJ.

w00t

It would bother me because the beaches weren't that big and always had big chunks of stones/seashells everywhre. When I was a kid we called it "Fraggle Rock" because there were trails leading through the marshes... um, yeah. There was a lighthouse, and there was this exhibit about ships being made out of concrete, and a bunch of other boring stuff.

Heh, sounds like Cape May to me. The beaches aren't THAT bad though. Your memories exaggerate. Sunset beach is pretty nice.

I believe you're strongly urged to donate 3 or 4 dollars . . .

S1lent said:

Hehe. Just to clear that up, I wasn't directing to towards you specifically.

I'm not mad at all, i even have a home in Miami, and the tourists piss me off. But Holland, Michigan has a zillion hockey tournaments. They got awesome hotels, too. Hooray for hockey!!! Hooray for travel hockey, that is.