Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mobgenesis

Does the main character in Doom 3 have a name?

Okay, I don't have the game yet, because well, I have no money.

I really need this question answered... Does the main character in doom (You - The Player) Does he have a name?

The marine's name is your name, in that you can actually enter your name (in the multiplayer options?), and that's the name that appears in your PDA. The idea is that you "are" the character, not just controlling a character like in Half-Life.

Yes. "Doomguy" has a name. If you've been following the news about the release of the Doom movie, the main character (who is portraying the "Doomguy")'s name is John Grimm. His callsign is "Reaper", as if naming him John wasn't lame enough.

Cheerio, dudes.

Azreal_X said:

Yes. "Doomguy" has a name. If you've been following the news about the release of the Doom movie, the main character (who is portraying the "Doomguy")'s name is John Grimm. His callsign is "Reaper", as if naming him John wasn't lame enough.

Cheerio, dudes.

That doesnt count,It's Hollywood bullshit.

I think his name should be........

Professor P Sexington! And since he's a sexy stud and make out artist he seduces an Imp and we get to see the first live action Impse EVAR!

That is sooooooo cheesy. John Grimm "Reaper" ? OH COME ON HOLLYWOOD! Lets give him a REAL name and not this stupid cheesy "Mr. Everyman" type name.

I think his name should be Bruce or Jim something.

Azreal_X said:

Really stupid.

They should call him Player, because he was a pimp back on earth.

Doom III: The Movie
Pimp vs Imp

Or maybe Flynn Taggart. That would piss even more people off!

How about B.J. Stone
OR Blake Blazcowicz
Or Billy Blaze!!! That's it Billy Blaze! That sounds cool, and would be a nostalgia point for true fans not just snobby little kids!

Or how about Sandohn Adkev Romerack! He's a foreign exchange marine from Elbonia!

I think his name should be Jimjoebob, but that's just me. It certainly would give him more character than he's probably going to have.

As much as that was suppose to be a joke....it would fit and make sense :) I could picture calling Doomguy Bill or Cpl. O'Reilly

Endureth said:

I don't think they should name him. Just let people keep calling him Doomguy.

-E

That would be incredibly cheesy.

What they should do is like what Sergio Leone did with Clint Eastwood's character in his westerns: let him be the "nameless" guy. If they really want to name him, then let it be through his call sign... why not "Doom"?

Azreal_X said:

Cheerio, dudes.

NO, that's the name of the main character in the movie. He was asking about the main character in the game, which is very different.