Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
warmonger

dunno what to say

this is just FRIKKEN awesome. the lighting from the flashligh alone is just... seeing this guy warning me away and watching his shadow as he walks off....very realistic. died a few times so far, but what the hell, eh? lol man, i think this is just gonna kick HL2s @$$ all OVER the place. don't like it being so dark; can't see a damn thing at times, but when it is, my skin just crawls hehe

I doubt it personally, Doom3 is a pretty damn scary game according to some of the people who've played it, but since HL2 hasn't been released yet I think it would be better if you reserved your judgment till after you've played HL2.

warmonger said:

this is just FRIKKEN awesome. the lighting from the flashligh alone is just... seeing this guy warning me away and watching his shadow as he walks off....very realistic. died a few times so far, but what the hell, eh? lol man, i think this is just gonna kick HL2s @$$ all OVER the place. don't like it being so dark; can't see a damn thing at times, but when it is, my skin just crawls hehe

Yeah, you will feel that way until you complete the game and realize that you keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over.

It gets old fast - you'll see what I mean here verryy soon. :)

warmonger said:

i'm not sayin HL2 won't be good, just will it have the atmosphere of D3

Yea but HL2 stands a chance of being a game.

Relica Religia said:

Doom 3 - the game, did in fact exist.

Back in 2002 it probably did in fact exist, then they barrowed a few mechanical parts from a now defunct Disney tram ride project plus a few outmoded soviet tank parts and with the help of a handful NASA rocket scientists they forged the greatest park ride ever made. Some speculate that such a wondrous achievement couldn’t possibly been made from mortal steel and timber, some say it is in fact the gods themselves who have forged this manifestation of their will in their name upon this wretched undeserving planet.

Woops, me thinks I slipped into a mountain dew induced madness again.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Another Doom 3 vs HL2 thread...

I wonder where this thread is going.

warmonger said:

i'm not sayin HL2 won't be good, just will it have the atmosphere of D3

Some scenes seem to be pretty damn "dark and murky", like Trap Town (I think that's what it's called, it's a small dark city like place swarming with Headcrab Zombies to decapitate with razorblades) and the Graveyard. But I think HL2's going for a quite a different atmospheric style to D3. For instance, Doom 3 is more "deep, dark, looking carefully for outlines in the shadows", whereas HL2 seems to be more "Sweet mother jesus, it's as big as a fucking building and it's coming right for me! And it has friends!". You know, more open, brighter enviroments with multiple massive enemies.

Either way, both games are fun in their own way. Try both, you may love them both.