Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theknightshift

Can Doom be played on a Nokia 6800?

My wife got me a cellphone a few weeks ago (she'd been bugging me to get one for awhile :-) and I wound up with the Nokia 6800 'cuz I liked the flip-out keyboard. I didn't know at the time that you could download and play the original Doom Episode 1 on a phone. It runs on other Nokia phones, I was wondering if it'd be a waste of time to try to get it to run on this one (I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cellphones/wireless technology :-/)

Any help would be appreciated. I like this phone a lot but it'd be even better if I could take Doom with me :-)

Wow. Cell phones keep getting more and more advanced. And now, you can play DooM on your cell?

Holy Shit, kiddies!

But seriously, I think it can, if you had a VERY modified cell phone. It would need a graphics card that can support DooM. Imagine if we could play DooM 3 on our cell phones.

I once played Doom on a handheld and the controls totally sucked. I would have to use a pen with my mouth(!) so I could press the equivalent of ALT to side strafe and do other stuff at the same time. I made it to E1M3 on I´m too young to die until I died. Cell phones may have the computational power, but they certainly lack appropriate controls!

Deathmatcher said:

I once played Doom on a handheld and the controls totally sucked. I would have to use a pen with my mouth(!) so I could press the equivalent of ALT to side strafe and do other stuff at the same time. I made it to E1M3 on I´m too young to die until I died. Cell phones may have the computational power, but they certainly lack appropriate controls!

Clearly, this is where the almighty N-Gage comes in.

CacoCaddy said:

Indeed no, N-Gage sucks royal ass.

Yes, it does. But what if they came out with DooM 3 for game boy? Wouldn't that kick ass? But nintendo would ruin it.

To answer your question, sorry, but no. The 7650 Doom port is for the Symbian OS which your phone doesn't have.